28 replies to this topic

#21 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:21 PM

Got to teat Watty's and I found they start to distort a bit in the 1.5 over 4 mph, but these rods are SWEET for light wind and oh, SO, so light... TK and I can't wait to get some for ourselves. smile.png

Total wind range where I feel these rods will shine is from about 1 to 4 mph with no more than 6 mph, plus I think alot has to do with the fliers style......cat_shocked.gif  Also remember it's like any other tool which means to me that I have many 

different tools in my tool box but this one just does the job the best......ani_yahoo.gif  For me I'm not trying to reinvent the

wheel just give in some more tread to help me out of the mud...... All in all I still believe these rods respond very

well and are very tough given there size and weight, all I can really say is give them a try and see if they fit your

style of flying....... Bengathering.gif cat_wub.gif ani_giveup.gif 

#22 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,857 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:28 PM

Given the one occasion I have had to try these rods I can say that they suit my style of flying very well indeed. <grins>

Thanks for having produced them...

Felix

#23 Madquad

Madquad

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

Hope to give them a try tomorrow Maybe in a mid-vented BPro.... Will keep you updated

It's not the size of your Rev.. its how you use it.
Seven days without flying a Rev makes one weak.

http://www.air-4-ce.nl

batch-air4ce.jpg?w=230&h=230

#24 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:19 AM

I have flown and crashed my Zen in double digits winds with these new diamond tubes on asphalt, they are pretty darn tough.  I've let it go from overhead on 120's and it almost goes out of sight with the field recovery glide's length.  I flew this Sunday at the washington monument, until at least noon this was the perfect set-up for my local conditions.  The slightest action on the kite generates lift, instantly powers up with a flick of the wrist or a step backwards.

I practiced for awhile on a perpendicular sidewalk, walking the kite.... like indoors, but on 50# Skybond 120s.  The kite is so light weight compared to it's size, spectators are dumb-struck upon handling it personally.  The diamond sticks were a great addition, certainly worthy of becoming a mainstay on the Rev menu for available products.

I have too many kites to replace all the frames, but if I were brand new at this, I'd only own invest in two frames.  The new Diamond and the old faithful Rich Race Rods (the green ones).  All my kites would have both of these tubes available.  Simply a fantastic product, thanks Rev and Ben for pushing the envelope.  Now, if they were the price of blemished SS p-90s, HA!

#25 Dutchrev

Dutchrev
  • Forum Member
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:15 PM

Two sets reached Holland. I gave it a try yesterday in wind less than 7 mph. Used a full sail, one piece kite with no bungees in the vertical upper endcaps. The shafts did a very good job. As stated before they are quiet stiff and snappy. Weight is to compare with a sky shark p90. But with another type of flex in it, I should say quicker. The low weight in combination with the stronger flex is a very usefull addition to the shafts product range. People in low wind areas will be happy with this new product. But this is talk "I feel, my impression,..." I know it is possible to measure shafts, like what they do in archery. Would it be a suggestion to make a table of the available shafts and their "technical" abilities? Flying style and personal preferences is ofcourse a different topic.
Free in the Sky, flying my Rev

#26 Madquad

Madquad

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:38 AM

I have been flying the Diamond Rods last weekend in a low wind at the beach. Surprised by the weight, the stiffness makes it a bit harder to create the coupe in real low winds...(maybe loosen the bungees?)..Later on the wind picked up a bit and at that point i was really happy with them. Makes the kite hyper-responsive and snappy starts/stops were never so easy....Its a bit like the black RaceRods ...but much faster action.

A Great addition for the kite-bag.

I wonder how they feel in my Mid-Vented BPro......will give it a try coming week at the beach

Thanks Revolution for another wonderful product.

It's not the size of your Rev.. its how you use it.
Seven days without flying a Rev makes one weak.

http://www.air-4-ce.nl

batch-air4ce.jpg?w=230&h=230

#27 Dutchrev

Dutchrev
  • Forum Member
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:20 AM

Had the oppurtunity to fly the diamond shafts in an upcoming wind from 1 mph to 6 mph in a 2 hours period. Then I changed the LE in SPL (white race rods). Afterwards I moved up to black race whole frame. (Rev full sail) With the diamond shaft in the product range It is my opinion Revolution made a good contribution to the available shafts to cover the whole windforce range. SPL frame is a difficult one, the diamond shafts takes the lower winds over and the black race the upper wind ranges of the lower to mid windranges. So for the SPL I foresee no added value. Anybody other thoughts?

#28 Dutchrev

Dutchrev
  • Forum Member
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:13 AM

Another try wil the diamond shafts for 2 1/2 hours, full sail, 50 lbs LPG,......wind 0,5 - 3 mph.. Superb, dream flight.

#29 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:57 AM

Another try wil the diamond shafts for 2 1/2 hours, full sail, 50 lbs LPG,......wind 0,5 - 3 mph.. Superb, dream flight.

Well said, superb, dream flight.......... Ben cat_lol.gif cat_lol.gif cat_lol.gif 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users