• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cgn11

cgn11
  • Forum Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

Hello Everyone,

I am a member of a group who documented the Kite Blossom Festival in DC this year. We wanted to share our work with you. We have created a blog which includes several stories and pictures documenting the day, as well as Storify’d version of the day’s Tweets.

Please visit the link BlossomKiteFestival2013.wordpress.com to see the site.

We would really appreciate any feedback on how we could make this better for next year and suggestions of things that we should include for documenting future events. Please feel free to share the blog and to contact us with any feedback, questions, or concerns. Thank you very much for your help.

Best,
Citizen Journalist Toolkit Creators

#2 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:56 AM

Dear CJTC posse

The interviews and production work came out as a very nice job indeed and much appreciated.  

Suggestions you seek to improve next year's efforts?  How about coming for our close-out meeting on Sunday May 5th, around 10:00am?  You can introduce yourselves to the fest coordinator (Elissa Staley, Cherry Blossom Festival), as well as the kite advisory board members in attendance.  

We will meet as well for our usual efforts on the 1st Sunday fly with the WoW kite club, held on the grounds of the Washington Monument (west side) by a huge tree with 5 or 6 trunks wired together.  You are welcome to stay and chase the wind with us!  

Don't worry if you don't have a kite,... trust me when I tell you one of us would be thrilled to assist you with OPK (other people's kites) to learn on.  I'm a quad-head (fly kites using four strings) personally.  They do the most cool stuff and take the least effort to do it!  You can beat my kites unmercifully and they will think it's a vacation from the heavy-handed style I impose upon them.

Feel free to reach-out to me (thru the forum member section) if you want a personal guide or any more information.

best regards,

-plm

#3 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:37 AM

Very nice!

I see people I know in the article and photos...

-Alden

"Don't go in there!" RC

#4 cgn11

cgn11
  • Forum Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

Thank you for checking out the blog and for your kind feedback. We really appreciate it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users