#21 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

No sleeves here either.

I have a bazillion sets of beater lines over the years that have gotten wound up on my handles, wet or dry,  and I dare say I've not had any line breaks as a result. The breaks have come from other foibles but not as a result of no sleeving.

Also, Sleeves just get in the way of my 10 thumbs ( which may explain my inability to fly Revs!). But really, I've found, FOR ME, sleeves always end up bunching up or fraying or slipping, or something that makes me say, No More Sleeves!.

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#22 hyzakite

hyzakite

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

I have sets with Pink and Lime unopened. A set I'm using now has Lime and Fluorescent Orange sleeves with black and/or white sleeved 3rd and 4th lines. Doesn't matter other than having the 2 colors in my left and right hands, when I equalize the lines again, my colors will be on top because they are on the bottom now. When it comes time to making a new 100' line set, I'll grab my spool and these nice condition 2 year old sleeves. I wonder if I'll ever get to use my Pink and Lime sets? They really are nice!

#23 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

My longer lines are all sleeved in white, except the Shanti 120's, which are sleeved white and black, because they came that way. Using the method explained in the B-Series tutorial vid, I never have to designate top or bottom, left or right.... <br /><br />Anything shorter than 80ft. is sleeve-less. Once the old longer line sets outlive their usefulness, I'll be converting everything to sleeve-less. Sleeves just aren't necessary to me anymore.

Have Rev, Will Travel

My YouTube Channel - Thanks for watching smile.png

#24 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:54 AM

I am going to attempt making a set of lines and am trying to figure out where to find line sleeving. Ideally I would like to find some fun colors for the sleeving, but I can't seem to find anything other than black or white. I have been searching around for braided dacron, which seems to be what most lines are sleeved with. Am I looking for the wrong thing? Does anyone have any tips on where I might be able to find colored line sleeving? Thanks for the help!

Just saw this!

Next time...when it's raining, snowing, sleeting, gusting to 60mph...we should all go in the condo and have hot chocolate and a mini sleeving clinic!

I'll show you next week when I see you :)

T

#25 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:39 PM

Next time...when it's raining, snowing, sleeting, gusting to 60mph...we should all go in the condo and have hot chocolate and a mini sleeving clinic!

I suggest anyone who is interested ... take the lady up on her offer !!!!

Most of my lines are from Theresa (except shorter lines I make to beat on) and I experience ZERO issue - but she IS very exacting about how her line sets are made.

I have made a number of short (up to 50' and one 80' set) line sets myself, and while they don't really give me any major issues, I do experience the odd snag or hiccup because they're not perfect like Theresa's.

Each to their own preference, so long as we all crossing good quality line so we can all have fun together, then whatever works for you.

Me personally - if I only need a shorter line set thats 'good enough' I could make my own ... If I want that line to be perfect and as problem free as possible, then I pay for Theresa to handle that problem ;)

#26 Cody G

Cody G
  • Forum Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

Just saw this!

I'll show you next week when I see you smile.png

T

Excellent idea, I look forward to plenty of rain and sleet next weekend...wait...I take that back. We can have a sleeving clinic even if it's sunny, right?

#27 QuadCrazy

QuadCrazy
  • Forum Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

If dyeing is a hassle, try using Sharpies!

You read my mind. I have sharpie's in my line building kit, and my line bag for field repair or tuning.

They bleed very slowly, so the older the line set, the wider the bleed.

Analog aging meter I guess.

M

Cody... When you going to cross over to West Seattle to play.

"Live in the Solution, not MY Illusion...

Wait I think I have that backwards"
MT 2-15-2010

Mark Thorn
Seattle, WA, USA, Earth (I think)

#28 kitefantex

kitefantex

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

Check out the fishing department for Planer Board Line.  I have florescent yellow and orange. Its Dacron  130 lb test and hollow core.  I had both for years.  A spool is 150 feet and will last a long time.  Also use it for making draw strings in bags and many other things. I use yellow for left and a dab of black sharpie on the bottom lines

Kitefantex aka Gumby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users