17 replies to this topic

#1 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

The new colorizer is complete, serious upgrades done by Spence "Watty" Watson!

http://www.revkites....r-b-pro-and-zen

My favorite new feature is the "Share" function, which will send you a tidy URL that makes reviewing and sharing your design a breeze!

Example of a shared design URL...

http://revkites.com/...&lname=Barresi

Cheers, enjoy!

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#2 SparkieRob

SparkieRob

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

It's now working on my iPhone. Bye bye lunchtimes!<br /><br />ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364025488.698445.jpg <br />

"Inbetween heaven and earth, there are kites."

#3 oapbillf

oapbillf

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:20 AM

Not working for me !  I am lo-tech by the way !

I had no problems with the old version but as you can see from the attached images thats what I get

at the moment !

Anyone out there with an answer ?

Bill

Attached Thumbnails

• Colorizer 1.JPG
  • colorzer 2.JPG

#4 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:23 AM

Not working for me !  I am lo-tech by the way !

I had no problems with the old version but as you can see from the attached images thats what I get

at the moment !

Anyone out there with an answer ?

Bill

Hi Bill,

It looks like you are on XP running IE8. Unfortunately, this new colorizer uses SVG polygons to draw the kites. SVG is supported by IE 9 and later. Windows XP only supports up to IE8. My recommendation would be to give Chrome a try. I think making a switch would be beneficial for you in general because IE8 is outdated enough, that many developers refuse to support it, yet Windows XP will not be getting any updated version. Chrome will keep you more up to date for a longer period of time. Some will suggest FireFox, but because you are on an older machine, I think Chrome is the better route since it is not as heavy as FireFox is, and should run a bit quicker for you.

You can get Google Chrome by clicking here.

I hope that helps.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#5 oapbillf

oapbillf

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:05 AM

Hi Watty,

Thanks for the info ! you are right with  XP running IE8.

I was only playing with the colorizer, having recently recieved a Revopolo UL I cannot justify another new Rev just yet !  

My computer will be dropped from a great height onto a hard surface as soon as my son buys me a new one, It always seems to do what it wants rather that what it,s told ! 

Bill 

#6 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:33 AM

I'm in agreement with Spence on this!! No "techie" here, but I've been using Chrome on an older XP machine with no problems! ani_victory.gif

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#7 Khal

Khal

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

Bazzer might hate you for it, but I'd love to see a "Randomize" button that would start you with a (nearly) unique random arrangement to tweak.

Brian

Posted Image Posted Image

#8 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

Yes, I think he would hate me. However, what is kind of fun is to write stuff into the template code boxes. When you click outside of the template code box after changing the text, the design of the kite will change as well. Only thing is that the template codes only use letters a-s. Using other letters won't make any visible change in the kite, but it can make things complicated for bazzer or whoever if your final template code has any letter from t-z.

Spence "Watty" Watson

#9 Khal

Khal

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

Yes, I think he would hate me. However, what is kind of fun is to write stuff into the template code boxes. When you click outside of the template code box after changing the text, the design of the kite will change as well. Only thing is that the template codes only use letters a-s. Using other letters won't make any visible change in the kite, but it can make things complicated for bazzer or whoever if your final template code has any letter from t-z.

Cool. I had tried typing in there and pressing return. I guess I never tried clicking elsewhere.

Here's some randomly generated craziness:

http://revkites.com/...b&design=random

Brian

#10 Khal

Khal

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

Here's some randomly generated craziness:

http://revkites.com/...b&design=random

Hmmm. That's the link I got back from "share" but it doesn't match the page I was looking at when I shared it.

Brian

#11 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

Hrm, I will look into this. It is possible that the template codes are not being updated in the contact form when you type in your own code. Wouldn't make any problem for using a traditional method though. I'll work on that and post back here when it is fixed.

Spence "Watty" Watson

#12 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

The Colorizer is working great, Windows 7 on Internet Explorer. I really like the Auto-Fill button!

Could the pointer's color match the color selected instead of remaining white all the time?

Have Rev, Will Travel

My YouTube Channel - Thanks for watching smile.png

#13 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

Could the pointer's color match the color selected instead of remaining white all the time?

It is a possibility. If the feature is added, it may not work in all browsers though. I may be a bit slow in adding features and bug-fixes though since it is all done in my free time.

Spence "Watty" Watson

#14 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

The Colorizer is working great, Windows 7 on Internet Explorer. I really like the Auto-Fill button!

You'll see that the little radio button beside the color chosen, will indicate which color is on!!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#15 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:22 AM

I need to bar my own access to the colorizer. I've made so many designs I've confused myself and can't decide on one ;) I was thinking about a fully matching set this time, but once again it looks like I will have to diversify.

Have Rev, Will Travel

#16 SparkieRob

SparkieRob

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:05 AM

I need to bar my own access to the colorizer. I've made so many designs I've confused myself and can't decide on one ;) I was thinking about a fully matching set this time, but once again it looks like I will have to diversify.

If you're really set on a matching suite but can't decide, all that means is you haven't found your colours yet. You'll know when you'll know. Always fly what you like to look at.

"Inbetween heaven and earth, there are kites."

#17 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:49 AM

I need to bar my own access to the colorizer. I've made so many designs I've confused myself and can't decide on one wink.png I was thinking about a fully matching set this time, but once again it looks like I will have to diversify.

Katrina had done the same thing!ani_giveup.gif  We kidded her that to pick, she needed the RNG to do the choosing!!ani_idea.gif

wayne from portland

AKA member

#18 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:16 AM

If you're really set on a matching suite but can't decide, all that means is you haven't found your colours yet. You'll know when you'll know. Always fly what you like to look at.

You're onto something there, as I have my panel layout(s) chosen, I just can't decide on a (read: 1) color scheme. I have 3 panel layouts that I really like. Since my Xtra and Zen won't need replacing anytime soon, I'm starting to think one layout per sail... however this is what I already have going on with my current set, a different layout per sail. Decisions, decisions I like to look at them all :)

Wayne, I was thinking the same thing assign the pictures numbers and have the RNG pick lol. I love Katrina's layouts! I was also thinking about submitting them all to Bazzer and let him chose, then wait to be surprised when they're done!

Have Rev, Will Travel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users