Well, we’re only two weeks away from Wildwood, yee-haaaaa!
In the spirit of not bombarding you all at one time, I’ll provide some info to you now and again in a few days. To start with, please note the following:
If you haven’t already done so, PLEASE, complete your registration forms and get them to me. Registration is free unless you are competing;
The day beings with the official Unlocking of the Beach at 12:00pm with many of the local officials and media. If you’re here, throw up a kite or two for the media to get a shot of and who knows, perhaps you too will have your five minutes of fame with a live television interview!
The Kite Sales Tent will open at 3:00pm through ???pm and registration begins at 4:00pm through 6:00pm.
As usual, our tried and true local club, the SJKF, will be hosting the Friday night social pool-side at our host hotel, The Oceanic. For just a mere $10, enjoy a feast of fine, eclectic foods prepared by your peers! Enjoy some fine camaraderie, food and don’t forget SJKF’s raffle’s!
Directly following the SJKF social is the Nite Kite show – bring out your favorite kites, throw some lights on them, enjoy the music and thrill the boardwalk on-lookers with your beautiful kite.
Sunday evening dinner:
Our Sunday evening dinner gathering will mimic last year and will take place at Little Italy (our past years’ normal Monday evening spot) at 5401 Atlantic Ave., Wildwood Crest at 7:00pm. Take a leisurely seven-block stroll with the gang as we meet up on the front stoops of the host hotel, drive yourself down, or hop on the infamous tram car. Keep in mind, this is the area’s opening weekend and the restaurant will be VERY busy – they are doing us a true favor in even taking our large group and they will attempt to accommodate us as best as possible. Having said this, there are a few items you may wish to note . . .
* please, be sure to indicate if you are attending on the registration form as I must provide the restaurant with a head count;
* Wildwood Crest is a dry town – if you’d like to engage in consuming adult beverages, there is a liquor store 1 ½ blocks away;
* while our reservation is for 7:00pm, there may be a slight delay;
* for those of you who attend Monday evening’s dinner here, you know we usually have the back room though we may not have the room all to ourselves;
* all tables must be full, i.e., if there is a four-top then one party of four or two parties of two need to fill the table; if there’s three folks for a four-top, then I wouldn’t worry too much about the fourth seat;
* each party, not each individual may request their own check; keep in mind this will take your order a few more moments to get to you;
* the full menu will be available for you to order from, there are no restrictions nor a set menu;
* because we will be a large party, 18% gratuity will automatically be added to each party’s check
While we have some fine and exciting auction items up on the block this year, we could always use more and are very, very appreciative of any and all donations. Perhaps you’d like to get creative and build a little something to include. Or perhaps you have a piece or two lying around you’ve been thinking of forfeiting. The auction is a fundraiser that supports the event and is a crucial aspect to the events success and continuation – thank you for considering!
As always, sincere thanks to all who participate and attend, with a special thanks to the entire Operations crew whom without them, the event definitively would not take place – kudos to all of you!
Until next time,
And this will be me in two weeks . . . :-)