West Australian

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

Hi All.

Hope I posted in the right spot.

I have a few Questions about the B Series Vented Vs Pro Vent.

I have a B Series Vented it came with a 3 Wrap and 4 Wrap Frame. The 4 wrap combined with 3 wrap takes to 40mph wind range.

The Pro vent and Extra Vent come with 2 Wrap and 3 Wrap which combined take it to only 28mph wind range.

Why does the Pro have a 2 Wrap instead of the 4 Wrap?

(not complaining, just wondering)

I know there are other differences between too. This one really interests me though.

Could you put a 4 wrap into a Pro Extra Vent? What wind speed could it go to if you could?

Thanks

WA

B Series Standard, Mid-Vent and Vented In a Hard Case.

Supersonic and 1.5 Ghost SUL too

#2 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:21 AM

The frame pieces are all interchangeable between like models (like 1.5's, regardless of which one is being discussed).  I find as my skills increase, I like to frame lighter and lighter.  To be sure this is a personal preference, but the point is to go out and experiment yourself.  There's no one correct answer, it's more about the path than the destination.

I think if two frames came with the kite, I'd order a 4 wrap for howling conditions and a Black Race frame for everything else wind-wise.  My friend Paul Dugard uses a green race frame for almost all conditions.  The Pro and extra vent are more specialized procurements, so they come with lighter frames the the stock B-series.

#3 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

Maybe I'm not reading your post right or most vendors, but a Pro model usually comes with only one frame of your choice!! Big list of frames to choose from, but REVflyer is pretty spot on! A Race frame is as light as a 2 wrap, but as strong as a 3 wrap! The 4 wrap is darned near indestructible in almost any vented sail!! Use caution though, yes the kites are rated for xxxx mph winds, but the sail will stretch and then there's the comfort factor!! It can be too windy to fly comfortably, not often but it can!! Sometimes packing up can be a smart thing!! That's why many of us have a selection of sails to match the winds, we try to manage wear and tear on our equipment!! Take good care of them and they will last many years!! I have an old Rev 1 that's 14 -15 years old and still flies beautifully! But I only use it in the "right" conditions!! ani_victory.gif

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#4 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

When you order the B-Pro, it comes with one frame of your choice - of course you could always add on two or three more frames when you order it, but Revoution includes one frame of your choice.  Store owners may add in their own special deals above or beyond what Rev offers for the B-Pro's.  The standard B-Series package comes with two frames, normally the Vented is frames with a 3 wrap and a 4 wrap.  The standard and mid vent are packaged with a 2 wrap and 3 wrap.  Again the store owners can order specific frames and packaging options that may differ from this, but this is what Revolution includes in their normal packaging.

The above info regarding frames and conditions is spot on.

#5 SparkieRob

SparkieRob

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

Hi All.
Hope I posted in the right spot.

I have a few Questions about the B Series Vented Vs Pro Vent.

I have a B Series Vented it came with a 3 Wrap and 4 Wrap Frame. The 4 wrap combined with 3 wrap takes to 40mph wind range.
The Pro vent and Extra Vent come with 2 Wrap and 3 Wrap which combined take it to only 28mph wind range.

Why does the Pro have a 2 Wrap instead of the 4 Wrap?
(not complaining, just wondering)
I know there are other differences between too. This one really interests me though.

Could you put a 4 wrap into a Pro Extra Vent? What wind speed could it go to if you could?

Thanks

WA

With sail venting, you could use the same frame (say a 2 wrap) as the wind increases as long as you go from std to mid to vtd to XTRA.

The B Series Vtd is rated to a higher wind range BUT the XTRA would be able to go higher as more of the sail is vented, less sail pressure. Yes you can put a 4 wrap in an XTRA and take it out in 40mph+, I think JB has had it out in 50mph!

Tapatalk for iPhone.

"Inbetween heaven and earth, there are kites."

#6 West Australian

West Australian

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

Thanks for the info Guys.

I was curious because I was compairing the wind ranges between my B series and the Pro on the Rev site.

The wind ranges given for the Pro, are for the 2 wrap and 3 wrap.

The B series vented has the 3 wrap and 4 wrap.

It made me wonder why they chose to rate the 2 wrap instead of the 4.

It is interesting to hear of the trend toward lighter frames.

I will see what I get up to as I progress.

I do try to keep to sensible winds, I have a Dual line foil for the really wild days.

Keep the Better kites in good condition.

#7 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

As a guide to frames for any given day - just watch the leading edge!! If it starts to bend a lot, put something else in there!! The frames are surprisingly strong, but don't go crazy!! You'll find all the frames have a "sweet spot" that fits them and the winds!! 

Enjoy!!!ani_victory.gif

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#8 West Australian

West Australian

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Thanks Dude.

I have not had any really strong winds yet.

I do look forward to trying all the framing options out.

WA

#9 SparkieRob

SparkieRob

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

Thanks Dude.

I have not had any really strong winds yet.
I do look forward to trying all the framing options out.

WA
Next time we're out, I'll put my Vtd in a frame size under what's in yours and you can have a "feel". One of the joys of have 2 of the same kites out at once is that you can make fast comparisons between subtle mods.

Rob.

Tapatalk for iPhone.

"Inbetween heaven and earth, there are kites."

#10 West Australian

West Australian

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

Sweet, Thanks Rob, I look forward to it.

Just about to go check out the wind at the park now.

WA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users