Hi from San Antonio!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Ready For A Revolution

Ready For A Revolution
  • Forum Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

youtube rev kites,keep your  hands low and keep your feet slow in the same spot if you can try to stand still ps don't fly over rock just grass?happy to talk 479-409-6597 

#22 KurtCira

KurtCira
  • Forum Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

I also suffered my first minor injury when I was preparing to end the session for the day... getting a mild rope burn on my wrist from the kite flipping on me unexpectedly when I was attempting to detach the lines from the bridle... Ouch!

I have a suggestion for setting up that will help you avoid the kite taking off unexpectedly.

Instead of installing the vertical spars and then attaching (or detaching) the lines as shown in the video tutorials, I always install the lines before putting in the spars, and take them out before detaching the lines. This way the kite cannot get any power to even try to get away from you and makes attaching the lines easier because you don't have to lift and hold up the sail against the wind.

Try it next time you are out. In my opinion it's an easier and safer way to set up.

Kurt Cira

Change is inevitable--struggle is optional.

#23 fratz

fratz
  • Forum Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

Hi Chris,

There are a great bunch of folks in central Texas you might try to hook up with, mostly in the Austin area.  You may want to join thier yahoo group (Cloud_Chasers · Central Texas Cloud Chasers).  There is one of they guys in Team EOL that flys Revs and some of the others might too.  Zilker is coming up next weekend in Austin you can get details on the AKA calendar.  EOL  should be flying demos and Gomberg is going to have the big American Flag out there this year from what I hear.

Thanks,

Dallas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users