• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mgarzacr

mgarzacr
  • Forum Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

Hello there!

My name is Mauricio an I live in Queretaro, a city about 150 miles north México City, thanks god it is a windy city!!

I've been flying kites since I remember, had a few falcons ands owls and I'm always looking at the sky.
I'm new to quad line kites and have just received my first Rev 1.5 mid vented......... It's amazing !!

I thought it would come "ready to fly" so I didn't order lines so I decided to make my own, started with some cheap 150 lb / 120' and at the beginning was very disappointed with my new Rev, so decided to take the lines from 2 of my 2 line deltas and the fun started as soon as it lifted up.

I'm so delighted with my new toy I can't wait to fly it again, I would love to have a flying partner so if anyone knows a Rev flyer near México I would appreciate you let me know.

See you soon.

#2 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

Hola Mauricio,

Welcome to the Revolution Forum.

As you found out you do need quality lines that do not stretch in the slightest. Specter(Dynema) type lines for kites are the ones that safely fall into this category. If you run across Kevlar lines, DO NOT take them. They can be classified as Dangerous and will cut other kite lines.

Highly recommended Manufactures of lines for Revolutions are Shanti and Laser Pro.

As for other kite fliers close to Mexico; if I take you literally, then San Diego would fit in that category.

In San Diego there are quite a number of REV Fliers. The kites are made in San Diego county in the city Poway.

JM

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#3 mgarzacr

mgarzacr
  • Forum Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

Thank you John, I have already ordered Laser Pro lines.
I wish I was a little bit closer to Sand Diego, Queretaro is about 1,500 miles from Tijuana.

#4 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

I feel for you Mauricio, blessings for many great flights, even on your own - maybe come up to one of our events sometime... I can promise, you'd learn lots, the memories will be amazing and last forever. :)

Being the only flier in your area for now, make sure to connect with all the tutorials and information available online...

KiteLife - http://www.kitelife....ideo-tutorials/

Maiocchi - http://www.youtube.com/StackItalia

And of course, never hesitate to ask questions, post videos and share in the fun here - we're a very friendly bunch. :)

Regards and good winds!

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#5 Jim Foster

Jim Foster

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

Mauricio

First, welcome to the Rev "family".

Second, finding someone with whom to fly.  I was lucky that my wife Lynn took an interest in flying shortly after I did.  If you are not so fortunate, try to get a friend to go with you and "give it a try".  Another thing is to pay attention to people who may be watching you fly.  Many times we have invited watchers to try our kites (with a little instruction) and several have shown up with their own kites.  I know that many of us got involved just that way.

Cheers, Jim

Fly together! Share the joy, Share the fun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users