Rev B2

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 alleykat

alleykat
  • Forum Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:29 AM

I am looking to get a new kite. I was looking at a mid-vent 1.5 but do not have any Rev 2 in the bag and was wondering about a Rev B2 std. Suggestions, opinions or ideas?

#2 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

Do you have any 1.5s already? In any configuration? If you already have Revs, then a B-2 would make a great addition! If this will be your first Rev, then a 1.5 standard sail would be a good entry point!! IMHO!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#3 alleykat

alleykat
  • Forum Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

yes I already have a 1.5SLE in a standard and UL and vented. was looking at the rev2 or the mid-vent as new addition. Also have a rev1 already and have tried the speed series but did not like them as well as the the 1.5

#4 SparkieRob

SparkieRob

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

Since getting my B2 Standard, I have been neglecting all my other kites. It's first out and last back. With the 2 frames, 2 & 3 wrap, it will fly in almost any wind. And it is sooooooo much fun to fly. If you can, have a go on one in some good wind. I LOVE mine in 30km/h plus!

Tapatalk for iPhone.

"Inbetween heaven and earth, there are kites."

#5 HedgeWarden

HedgeWarden

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

Hmmm - choosing between a mid-vent 1.5 and a B2 is difficult.

I love my mid-vents because in the area of wind speed that the standard and the vented supposedly overlap, the mid-vent shines without twitchiness or wallowing. I've been experimenting with a mid-vent and race-rods when the wind picks up and a standard sail *starts* to require more work - it's just smoother but very responsive.

OTOH, I have a B2 mid-vent, and when the wind picks up to 1.5 full-vent speed, or even 1.5 extra-vent speed, the little B2 flies like a humming bird - fast, responsive, and very light pull. A lot of fun. I haven't flown a B2 standard sail, but do have much older Rev II kites - and again they fly lighter, more responsive, but probably not with the precision of the B2s.

Personally, I think everyone should have a B2 or Rev II in their bag for variety.  But if you are serious about precision flying in groups, then a mid-vent 1.5 might be a better first choice.

So - do you want to increase your finesse on 1.5 kites in that middle wind-speed range, cool.png  or do you want a separate and different hoot? laugh.png

(Hint: the correct answer is 'both of the above'tongue.png

-Howard
No, this is my first childhood!

#6 genesant

genesant
  • Forum Member
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

I have to agree with Rob.  The Rev II is a kick in the pants.  When there is enough wind that I don't have to baby it, it flys to faster music and is more fun than the 1.5 series.  I'll pull it out before my 1.5 vented.

#7 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

I have B2 and use it often when I want a change of pace, it's their lightening-fast littlest Rev, no pull and quick response, it's a flailer's dream!

#8 SparkieRob

SparkieRob

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:03 AM

When I got my B2, I didn't have a Mid or Vtd so I used it inplace of those kites.

Tapatalk for iPhone.

"Inbetween heaven and earth, there are kites."

#9 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:00 AM

yes I already have a 1.5SLE in a standard and UL and vented. was looking at the rev2 or the mid-vent as new addition. Also have a rev1 already and have tried the speed series but did not like them as well as the the 1.5

Your collection is set up a lot like mine was, but I got a full set of "B"s now!! All the advise you've gotten is valid, it really comes down to YOUR needs or wants! 

B-2 - fun!!

midvent - team and precision!

Your call!!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users