Buy & Sell forum section?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Moggy

Moggy
  • Forum Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:03 AM

I think a Buy & Sell section on the forum might really be useful for people to trade Revs - offloading unused kites, offsetting the cost when upgrading, or for trying out new and different variations. :)

Second-hand Revs on eBay don't show up that often (well, it's quiet here in the UK), and you don't really know what you're getting. At least if you bought from someone on the forum you would perhaps have a greater assurance of knowing where it's been and what state it's in.

Just a thought?

Moggy

#2 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

There are a couple sites out there that are set up specifically for this. One is the Kite Classifieds section of Kitelife.com, the other is a dedicated forum-based site called Kitebookie.com Joining is free - but you do need to be approved as a user (to help control spammers). Once you are a member, you can load up your own items for sale with pictures and info - and can browse all other items for sale and post questions to the seller.

The advantage to both of these sites is that they are used for all types of kiting, not just Rev's - so for sellers, you do get to advertise your used kite gear to a much wider audience.

Here are the direct links to both sites:

http://www.kite-classifieds.com/
http://www.kitebookie.com

#3 makatakam

makatakam

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

I regularly check the listings on both of these sites. The summer months see very little action, but come fall and colder weather the quantity of listings increases dramatically. Great sites for selling and buying!
Mark

Posted Image

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go."
CSN&Y

#4 david ellison

david ellison

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:28 AM

In the UK the best buy/sell site for sport kites is probably the Fractured Axel forum http://fracturedaxel.co.uk/phpbb3/. The chat is mainly about dual line kites but Revs do appear and if you put a request out you'll probably get some replies. I've
bought and sold many times through FA and never had a problem

#5 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:54 AM

There is also the swap meet section of www.gwtwforum.com, I've probably sold more kites there than anywhere else. ;)

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users