9 replies to this topic

#1 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

Well as I pack my bags to head to Lincoln City again I'm just jazzed, as most of you know this is one of my
favorite place to go fly kites and just hang out with my friends.....Posted Image So here we go and it's going to be wet
and wild as always and even more important I get a chance to hang out with my friends........ BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Jim Foster

Jim Foster

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

Have a good trip to Lincoln City.

Some of us will be holding down the fort at the Japan/American Kite Festival in Seal Beach on Sunday.
Fly together! Share the joy, Share the fun

#3 MtnFlyer

MtnFlyer
  • Forum Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

After the last couple days, you deserve it, Ben.

Not sure I'll see you there, but maybe. My attendance is still up in the air. ;)
Bob

#4 kellykelly

kellykelly

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

Have a safe trip... See you soon!!

Kelly

Kiting Tampa Bay Kite Club
If you plan on Coming to the Tampa Bay Area. We would love to Fly with you..

Check out Kiting Tampa Bay Web site!
Learn more about our club, events and Lots of great kite links.

Just Friends Flying Kites 

Kite Mania South - 2014 Treasure Island Beach! 

#5 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:10 AM

Well as I pack my bags to head to Lincoln City again I'm just jazzed, as most of you know this is one of my
favorite place to go fly kites and just hang out with my friends.....Posted Image So here we go and it's going to be wet
and wild as always and even more important I get a chance to hang out with my friends........ BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

See you in a couple hours! We can check in at the condo at 4pm and get dried off before dinner at the Side Door. Have a safe trip!
Love ya! T

#6 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

People always ask me why is Lincoln City so important to you and if I had to give one reason here's the picture that
says a thousand words.....Posted Image My history with "Revolution" has many beginnings here and the entire "Family" concept
was started here in many ways and as always is still alive and well here.... Here's a photo of J.B. and Annaka doing
her first pairs fly together, Annaka is Katrina's 8 year old daughter who always gives me a big hug when she see's
me..... Also if you look theres her brother Elliot in the back round clapping for her.....Posted Image Yes I do love it here in
"Lincoln City" and yes the "Family" is alive and well here, also that was sand in my eye and not tears..... I guess
"Lincoln City" is important for me but for one real reason, and the reason is like little 8 year old Annaka who for
a moment made me remember something very important and that is the kite is just a tool and what it does is
the real magic, and what it does is build "Family" and I'm damn proud to be a part of that "Family"..... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
PS, thank you Annake and J.B. your still my brother and always will be.......

Attached Thumbnails

• P1040459.JPG
  • P1040465.JPG
  • P1040469.JPG

#7 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

Yep, that was sand in my eyes too. :)

I was so moved by the two of them flying together. I couldn't put it into any better words than you did Ben. I sure hope somebody got video. Kelly? :)
Katrina....she is a precious gem :)
Hugs, T

#8 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

Well today was sort of tough with 30 mph winds and rain but with that said iQuad was still hard a work....Posted Image So
the event was called early cause of high waves and big wind that was just killing kites but even with all that it was
still fun..... It never ceases to amaze me how even without the crowds we still show up and fly and no matter what
we have fun, so thanks again "Family" for making this so much fun...... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• P1040470.JPG
  • P1040473.JPG
  • P1040476.jpg

#9 Jynx

Jynx

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Location:West Allis (Milwaukee) WI ...and... New Smyrna Beach FL winters

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:38 AM

Hey Ben ~ What's the scoop on Geezer's (Birthday?) kite Posted Image (in the photo)

Sweet tribute! Who made it?

"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power,

then there will be peace"

Jimi Hendrix

Posted Image

#10 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

Hey Ben ~ What's the scoop on Geezer's (Birthday?) kite Posted Image (in the photo)

Sweet tribute! Who made it?

Jynx....see the hat on Geezer's head? Well, we were somewhere...and Al Councilman said to Dave, 'You better not leave that lying around'. So Dave asks him 'What size do you wear?' and Al says Large. Dave says..well it wouldn't fit you anyway cuz it's a medium.
So we get home....and Dave orders and sends Al a hat, size large. :)
Next thing we know...Al shows up at LC with a gift for Dave :)
The love of Family..... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users