• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

This is probably a silly question
but here goes.I fly by myself (cos theres no other Rev flyers that I've found
here ) I have a lot of fun and I think that I'm not to bad at flying,heres the
silly question,how importaht is line lenghts.My top and bottom are within about
1/2 an inch of each other is this ok ? I fly an eyes masterpiece is this a B pro
Posted Image
David M.....Just a (slightly ) over aged guy playing with kites......and LOVIN' it

#2 makatakam

makatakam

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

Hi David.

All four of your lines should be of equal length. The Bazzer Eyes masterpiece is not built the same as the B, or the B-Pro. There is not the network of different sized and shaped panels as there are on the B-series kites. For all practical purposes it's more like the SLE, to be honest, I'm not even sure if it's built on the 1.5 format.

I'm sure someone else will chime in and explain the exact difference.
Mark

Posted Image

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go."
CSN&Y

#3 Jynx

Jynx

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Location:West Allis (Milwaukee) WI ...and... New Smyrna Beach FL winters

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:44 PM

Hi David.

All four of your lines should be of equal length. The Bazzer Eyes masterpiece is not built the same as the B, or the B-Pro. There is not the network of different sized and shaped panels as there are on the B-series kites. For all practical purposes it's more like the SLE, to be honest, I'm not even sure if it's built on the 1.5 format.

Bazzer Eyez ARE the same as any other 1.5 sail (size/shape/etc.) though IMHO... Much prettier! Posted Image

"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power,

then there will be peace"

Jimi Hendrix

Posted Image

#4 TerryB

TerryB

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

Me to :kid_content:
And I think the orange is just great David.
Is it the vented?
Oh yes and on the line leangths, take the time to see the JB tutorial it's worth it when you get in the air again!
Take care.
Terry

#5 SparkieRob

SparkieRob

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:15 PM

Lines should be equal, but if you have the knots on your leaders you can compensate until you equalize them.

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone.

"Inbetween heaven and earth, there are kites."

#6 David M

David M

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

Bazzer Eyez ARE the same as any other 1.5 sail (size/shape/etc.) though IMHO... Much prettier! Posted Image

I agree with you Jynx they are MUCH prettier.I also have std non vent SLE but the Eyez seem a LOT better to fly,more easy to control and more manouverable.
Just wanted to know coz it came with a sleeve with B-Pro printed on it Posted Image

David M.....Just a (slightly ) over aged guy playing with kites......and LOVIN' it

#7 David M

David M

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:44 PM

Me to :kid_content:
And I think the orange is just great David.
Is it the vented?
Oh yes and on the line leangths, take the time to see the JB tutorial it's worth it when you get in the air again!
Take care.
Terry

I like the orange too. It looks GREAT in the air.It's a
std sail.I have saved JB's tutorial and had a few views.Ive read where the top
and bottom should be the same on the SLE. No mention on left or right.At the
moment all I do I pull them to the same lenght
:kid_devlish:

#8 David M

David M

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:47 PM

Hi David.

I wasn't sure because the sleeve that came with it has B-Pro printed on it.Posted Image

#9 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:47 AM

Sorry, I don't have anything to say on the "Eyes" issue, but on lines I do!! Perfection is all 4 lines of equal length, but you can get by with having the tops match and the bottoms match!! I take new lines out and after stretching, put a set of handles on!! Both handles should be exactly the same!! If not, adjust the offending line/s! A good field test is to setup normally, get tension in the lines, hold both handles even, then launch!! If everything is good, you should see the kite go straight up off the ground!! Again adjust if needed!!Posted Image

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#10 David M

David M

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:32 PM

Sorry, I don't have anything to say on the "Eyes" issue, but on lines I do!! Perfection is all 4 lines of equal length, but you can get by with having the tops match and the bottoms match!! I take new lines out and after stretching, put a set of handles on!! Both handles should be exactly the same!! If not, adjust the offending line/s! A good field test is to setup normally, get tension in the lines, hold both handles even, then launch!! If everything is good, you should see the kite go straight up off the ground!! Again adjust if needed!!Posted Image

Thanks Wayne I do that with the handles and the kite
does go straight up,I must be doing something right or I'm just
lucky :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users