• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 heino1979

heino1979
  • Forum Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:43 AM

Hello

Well to i did decide to give low wind a go, i pick up my bag and a dual line zero wind kite, only because i have been very very very bad at flying revolutions in low wind. normal i just crash all the time because of the problem with the low wind. i pretty new at revolutions, have flow for about 2 year but much practice or fly time because of work, but now that is going to change.

So before i left i had watch all, John Barresi video at LearnKites.com about low wind flying, flat relaunch and sail loading. it look very easy and John is a pro. I did just hope some of it could help me to getter in low wind.

I arrived to field and did find my b-serie standard which had and a 3 wrap frame in it. no problem i just switch to a 2 wrap. but after looking in the kite bag, i found out that all my extra rod was home.....Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
well i decide to give a go, had the same problem with my line my new short line was at home.. Posted Image lesson learn check kite bag before leaving home...

end op with b-serie standard and 90# 80ft lines and 3-5 mph wind. could have been worse.
i did go all right flying up and down gain ground, and did manage some bicycle rotation then waking back, the loading sail help to get the kite back up to the top of the window and dive to gain the ground again.
after 30 min and only 3 crash, but all recovered with a flat relaunch thanks to John. but then wind did die and went from 0-1,8 mph. then i did remember that the 20th rev come with a race frame, i quick put that back on the lines, and i was back in the air, another 1 gone and crash 2 time and recovered every time.

i have to say i did not think i was able to do that just because i have watch the video, had i not i have started flying my dual line after 10 min. to all of you there new rev flyer like me, learn kites video do works and i almost as easy as John makes it look.
i I'll definitely need to get a zen, it was really cool to be able to fly in low wind fields, it should hopefully only becomes better if i get hold of a zen.
Heino

My Kite HomePage

<b>Time is of no importance...<br style="font-size: 14px; ">Only life is important...</b>

Posted Image

#2 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:48 AM

Wow Heino, high praise! :)

I'm really, really glad the tutorial(s) helped...

Flying isn't really so difficult, it's figuring out the little techniques and variables that go along with it.

Congratulations on your success, more ahead, and please keep us posted. :)

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#3 heino1979

heino1979
  • Forum Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:08 AM

i did in fact manage to take some picture with my phone, then trying to fly one hand, it was not very easyPosted Image

__IMG_3564.jpg

yes the you video really help, hoping to see more soon.
Heino

My Kite HomePage

<b>Time is of no importance...<br style="font-size: 14px; ">Only life is important...</b>

Posted Image

#4 makatakam

makatakam

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

I'm really, really glad the tutorial(s) helped...

Hey, John, when are you going to do a tutorial on the "hAlfFLAC"? (Check with Lolly, she'll fill you in. Created at the Frank Mots fest in Milwaukee this year)
Mark

Posted Image

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go."
CSN&Y

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users