67 replies to this topic

#41 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:59 AM

Wayne has had one of my Shook sails now for the last couple of months.......hopefully he's been flying the crap out of it.........!!!!!!!!!!!

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#42 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:51 AM

Sorry Wayne, that request is simply not a reasonable expectation in this electronic day and age, proprietary knowledge and all.  Rev doesn't share their dimensions publicly.  If you want to know exactly what size one is, then you need to borrow or acquire it

I suspect Waynes intention is to take the guesswork out of the equasion for would-be buyers, not copyright infringement. One could argue that it is similarly unreasonable to expect a buyer (especially ones in other countries or no access to someone with the various options) to shell out the $$$ on a guess and hope they got it right.

We've all seen that the knockoff companies and those who make something for personal use have had no problem at all getting the specifics (right down to signature copies) so I doubt a partial photo showing how the viarious block sizes relate to each other would make any difference at all.

Not my business, not my call, but I think that the request is valid and, done correctly, such an image can assist potential buyers without assisting would be copy cats (who already make the mesh).

My $0.02 ... YMMV

#43 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:37 AM

In no way was I hoping to help any copy cats!!! I was just hoping we could get a decent comparison of what each % means, so it could clear up confusion!

RICH - had it airborne once at the march Rev clinic, only time we've had enough wind to really fly it!! Going to a fest this weekend, hope that changes!! ani_victory.gif  

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#44 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:52 AM

Wayne......put that kite up in a lighter breeze than you think you'll be able to fly it....I think you'll be surprised by the versatility and the wider than expected range you'll derive from it.

"Cya in the Sand!....."

av-1950.jpg

#45 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:10 AM

OK, I will! The only time I flew it was pretty strong winds!! Katrina really wasn't too impressed at KP, must been the wind was a bit light! But at the clinic, it really came alive and showed what it can do!! Inputs that usually only make a "B" do 180* turns, almost got 540* turns out of it!! Looking forward to putting it up again!!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#46 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:19 AM

Sorry Wayne, that request is simply not a reasonable expectation in this electronic day and age, proprietary knowledge and all.  Rev doesn't share their dimensions publicly.  If you want to know exactly what size one is, then you need to borrow or acquire it, but they're not sending you a diagram nor even a cocktail napkin sketch

surely you would adopt the same non-disclosure attitude in Shook's position.  This is a revenue source and a highly desired product.

the mesh strips are different sizes and the location of them varies as well, depending on which model you desire, (40%, 75% or 100%)

Is it just me, or is this not what Wayne was asking? I don't think he was asking for a diagram or for any kind of dimensions. Merely a photo of each of the three kites labeled to have a visual representation of the difference. Hell, there was already a photo posted earlier of a 75%. Refusal of this request is like refusing to show pictures of a mid-vent and a full-vent for fear of copyright infringement. Might as well just not make the damn things if you can't take pictures of them. I'm sure there are plenty of photos out there of the Shook mesh kites; would it really be so bad to grab three and label them as 40%, 75%, and 100%? Sorry, this just seems really ridiculous.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#47 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

Is it just me, or is this not what Wayne was asking? I don't think he was asking for a diagram or for any kind of dimensions. Merely a photo of each of the three kites labeled to have a visual representation of the difference. Hell, there was already a photo posted earlier of a 75%. Refusal of this request is like refusing to show pictures of a mid-vent and a full-vent for fear of copyright infringement. Might as well just not make the damn things if you can't take pictures of them. I'm sure there are plenty of photos out there of the Shook mesh kites; would it really be so bad to grab three and label them as 40%, 75%, and 100%? Sorry, this just seems really ridiculous.

Calm down Watty it's okay, breath....... Benani_wallbash.gif ani_wallbash.gif ani_wallbash.gif 

#48 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:40 AM

Sorry to have caused such a mess in here!!! I was only hoping to get some simple comparisons of the 3 meshes,  to show the differences between %s!! No tech info, no exact measurements, just simple pix representing the kites, so we could see the differences first hand, in one place, that's all!

My apologies!!  ani_giveup.gif

wayne from portland

AKA member

#49 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

75%, kites will be at Wildwood if you want to do a comparison of bridles

Ghosts..jpg

and a 100%

Mesh1.jpg

Dennis Smith has the 40% and is certain to be there

Try all three models and then save a big wad of money up,.....  'cause you know what's going to happen next!

#50 Cath Shook

Cath Shook

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

Hey, folks, this is Eliot writing under Cath's ID...

The best response in this whole string is:

100% = Full-vent
75% = Twix a full-vent and a mid-vent
40% = Mid-vent

83,84,85-1.JPG

In the attached photo, the kite on the left is "75%", the center kite is "100%" and kite on the right is "40%".

Please note that I identify all the "75%" and "40%" kites and mark them accordingly.

Cath
cath@flyingsmileskites.com
www.FlyingSmilesKites.com
252-453-8442

Come see us at Flying Smiles Kites when you're on the Outer Banks of NC!

Kites make me smile ... Revs make me grin!

"Be the change you want to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi

#51 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

Calm down Watty it's okay, breath....... Benani_wallbash.gif ani_wallbash.gif ani_wallbash.gif 

Ahahaha.........Watty has his pants all up in a  bunch!!!!!!!

@Wayne...........There will be plenty of Elliot's sails at WSIKF.

I'll even see if I can coax him into giving me one of his 40% sails to trash........I mean borrow and show off one of his 40% sails to WSIKF so that you can check em all out.

"Cya in the Sand!....."

av-1950.jpg

#52 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:00 AM

Thank you Eliot for putting up a pic!!! 

Rich - got to put up the 100% yesterday until it was xtra-vent time!! I had a ton of fun flying it! Another flier had his up and we were able to fly together!! YEEHAW!!

Again, thanks for a pic, didn't mean to stir up any trouble!!

wayne from portland

AKA member

#53 Cath Shook

Cath Shook

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

Wayne, no problem since Eliot did have a picture of a 3 series.  Just a matter of getting him to dig it all out. ani_giveup.gif

The kite was developed to smooth out and lessen the pull - if one is out for a couple of hours, once in awhile, who cares.  But if one is out all day, and often, then less pull allowed me to fly for longer periods and more often.  Not sure how 'just a kite' created the uproar!  And as Ben said, ani_wallbash.gifani_wallbash.gifani_wallbash.gif

Cath
252-453-8442

#54 katrina

katrina

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

Katrina really wasn't too impressed at KP, must been the wind was a bit light!

Say what now? Wayne, my friend, you are in trouble again! laugh.png wink.png

I was in fact impressed, as always, with the amazing flight characteristics of the weaves. 

The are indeed smooth kites.  They track beautifully, you just point them in a direction and they go that way in a dead straight line.  And 180s are very crisp and effortless.  I did switch back to my VTD that day at KP, but only because I wanted to stick with what I'm used to for team flying.  blue_wink.gif

Rich, thanks for leaving the loaner with us, you rock.

Just pretend all my statements are prefaced with IIRC, AFAIK, IMHO, and end with "Just my $.02," okay?
(And stop asking for cookies, all you new darkside converts! It was all just a ruse to get you here!)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#55 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

OOPS!!cat_shy.gif

wayne from portland

AKA member

#56 Cath Shook

Cath Shook

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:18 AM

Wayne, I feel bad for you - you just keep stepping into it !!!  LOL

Have Rich give you AND Katrina a hug for me next time you see him!

Cath

Cath
252-453-8442

#57 Dayhiker

Dayhiker

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

Are all Masterpiece Mesh kites 1.5 size? Has a Rev 1 size been made?

May the forest be with you

"I live back in the woods, you see
A woman & the kids, & the dogs & me"

Bocephus

#58 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

Wayne, I feel bad for you - you just keep stepping into it !!!  LOL

Have Rich give you AND Katrina a hug for me next time you see him!

Cath

I guess that's what I get for opening up my mouth!! ani_wallbash.gif

wayne from portland

AKA member

#59 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:49 AM

Hey Cath,

Will Elliott do black center panels? I was also wondering if you have any kind of template that we could customize as well?

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#60 jburka

jburka

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

Will Elliott do black center panels? I was also wondering if you have any kind of template that we could customize as well?

I've been trying to get Eliot to make me a black center sail for almost a year now and he keeps blowing me off with excuses! C'mon, man, I'm trying to give you money!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users