• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 heino1979

heino1979
  • Forum Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:53 AM

Hello

i have got this rev 1 for about 1.5 yeas ago before i went to the hospital, but i did never get a chance to get is out of the bag. and i just started to fly again. and i wanted to try so i folded it out. but the sail have a lot of places there are miss color some black spots. i have tried to wash it with wet cloth but it did not help.

do any of you have some ide what it can be it have never been in the air.

segwitherro.jpg
Heino

My Kite HomePage

<b>Time is of no importance...<br style="font-size: 14px; ">Only life is important...</b>

Posted Image

#2 stevepigeon

stevepigeon

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:07 AM

it looks to me like it was moisture and some mold spots you can try some dish detergent dont scrub with brosh just soft cloth and mild detergent like woolite
Steve & Sherri

#3 heino1979

heino1979
  • Forum Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:33 AM

it looks to me like it was moisture and some mold spots you can try some dish detergent dont scrub with brosh just soft cloth and mild detergent like woolite

it have been store dry and warm in my office at home. and none of the other revs had any like this one.
Heino

My Kite HomePage

<b>Time is of no importance...<br style="font-size: 14px; ">Only life is important...</b>

Posted Image

#4 makatakam

makatakam

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

I would do nothing! From 20 meters away they are almost invisible and will probably fade with exposure to sunlight. You may damage the sail by rubbing and scrubbing. Just tell people they are well-earned battle scars if anyone asks you.
Mark

Posted Image

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go."
CSN&Y

#5 Jeepster

Jeepster

Curmudgeon

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:36 PM

Since the smudge marks look black and they are in the vicinity of the bridle when the kite is folded up, you might check to see if the bridle gives off any color when it's damp. Just a thought.

Cheers,
Tom

#6 HedgeWarden

HedgeWarden

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

I'm guessing some black color bleed from the bridle. Posted Image
But I have no solution to clean it.:wacko:
Take Mark's suggestion.:huh:
-Howard
No, this is my first childhood!

#7 heino1979

heino1979
  • Forum Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:35 AM

thank, well it is the bridle there have made it had have from the factory, because it is the first time i have out of the back, and i wall was keep my dragon try and clean. i have only been outsite the house one time to take the picture i put on the site here.
Heino

My Kite HomePage

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users