• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 heino1979

heino1979
  • Forum Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:35 AM

Hello
I just bought a second hand revII, but can not find anything on the page, so are some who can help me with the details on the wind range, etc.
Heino

My Kite HomePage

<b>Time is of no importance...<br style="font-size: 14px; ">Only life is important...</b>

Posted Image

#2 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:49 PM

Hello
I just bought a second hand revII, but can not find anything on the page, so are some who can help me with the details on the wind range, etc.

Hi heino,

The details for the B2 should be very close to that of a regular revII. Here's the product page for that kite:
http://www.revkites....ion-b2-standard

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 jburka

jburka

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

Honestly, with the stock 3 wrap frame, I think you'll stop flying it before you risk damaging it (well, assuming you don't power dive straight into the ground). The only time I can remember breaking a stock spar in a II was at Berkley, in fairly high winds, doing a tip stand inside some sort of pipe sticking out of the ground; the kite twisted while the tip was still in the pipe and I popped a LE rod. And thats in about 21 years of flying IIs. So, really, don't worry about wind speed. If you can control it, it'll handle the wind. The primary reason for a vented II is to slow it down...

#4 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

Used to put mine on the same setup I used for my old Rev1, when the wind got up!! Nimble and fast, that's what I remember!! I agree, you can fly them in winds that you might not like to be in!! Posted Image

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#5 SparkieRob

SparkieRob

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

Here is the specs for a Rev B2 Standard, 2-12mph 2wrap frame, 4-18mph 3 wrap frame, and 10-25mph 3wrap frame + 2wrap LE doubled up.

I've flown my B2 in gusts of 25kmh (16mph) but brought it down and changed to the 3wrap frame. I don't think I'll ever double up the leading edge just to get higher in the wind, that's what venteds are for!! 😜

Btw, train it with a 1.5 for a small progressive stack, looks and feels awesome!!!!

Rob

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone.

"Inbetween heaven and earth, there are kites."

#6 heino1979

heino1979
  • Forum Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:52 AM

thank you, i only got a ultra light frame for it.
Heino

My Kite HomePage

<b>Time is of no importance...<br style="font-size: 14px; ">Only life is important...</b>

Posted Image

#7 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:57 AM

thank you, i only got a ultra light frame for it.

That is in fact the 3 wrap frame and it will easily take winds up to 25MPH(37Kmh) wind.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#8 SparkieRob

SparkieRob

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:13 AM

That is in fact the 3 wrap frame and it will easily take winds up to 25MPH(37Kmh) wind.

Is that the Std sail? Wow!

#9 jburka

jburka

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:19 AM

Is that the Std sail? Wow!

Yup. Like I said, with a stock 3-wrap (labeled "Ultra Light") frame, the only reason to swap to a vented kite is to slow it down.

#10 SparkieRob

SparkieRob

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:23 AM

Yup. Like I said, with a stock 3-wrap (labeled "Ultra Light") frame, the only reason to swap to a vented kite is to slow it down.

I think I may have been babying my B2...

#11 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:53 AM

Sparkle - remember, it's only a 6' wingspan!! Because of it's smaller size, it will more than handle higher winds!! Just that it also is a lot faster!! The "B2" was developed from that original profile and given some mods to make it more precise than the original Rev2!! Nothing like some carving up the sky with that little baby!! I put my son's on my 120' lines and found it a pleasure to fly!! Extra length made it a bit slower, but it was so light to the touch!! Best on shorter lines for even more fun!!

Son's is a basic solid color Rev2 from the late '90s, 2 pc LE (3wrap), 75'x90# lineset, and itty bitty 9" handles!!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#12 heino1979

heino1979
  • Forum Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:04 PM

Thank you all for the inputs i will see i get some good wind tomorrow and try it out.Posted Image
Heino

My Kite HomePage

Posted Image

#13 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:13 AM

Burka beats his RevII like it was a redheaded step-child, behind the woodshed.

Regardless of the wind, his preference is short lines, long handles, no bridle, flying it all up wind and overhead, crazy actions combined with delicate and graceful precision. Huge surges of energy applied, lots of times with him "not even watching the kite". The reason the B2 and RevII are so much fun is because you can throw 'em around, don't baby it, yank and spank, it can take it! Oh my god, it leaps around at your command. (at least to Jeffery's!)

#14 SparkieRob

SparkieRob

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:49 AM

Burka beats his RevII like it was a redheaded step-child, behind the woodshed.

Regardless of the wind, his preference is short lines, long handles, no bridle, flying it all up wind and overhead, crazy actions combined with delicate and graceful precision. Huge surges of energy applied, lots of times with him "not even watching the kite". The reason the B2 and RevII are so much fun is because you can throw 'em around, don't baby it, yank and spank, it can take it! Oh my god, it leaps around at your command. (at least to Jeffery's!)

"Like a redhead behind the woodshed" that's classic! I'm gonna give that B2 a bit of yank and spank next time. When you say short lines, how short? 50's 30's?

#15 jburka

jburka

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:28 AM

When you say short lines, how short? 50's 30's?

My long lines are 25'. I also have 15's and 10's, though the 10' is really only for space-constrained flying; I wouldn't normally choose to fly on them, but they're useful to have around.

#16 SparkieRob

SparkieRob

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

My long lines are 25'. I also have 15's and 10's, though the 10' is really only for space-constrained flying; I wouldn't normally choose to fly on them, but they're useful to have around.

I've got a spare 80' #90 set that I'm going to chop up now. Do you still sleave the real short lines?

#17 SparkieRob

SparkieRob

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

All this B2 talk....
Just took my B2 out on 120's with the 2 wrap frame in 17kmh (10mph). I'll be grinning for a while. :-) :-)

Rob

#18 jburka

jburka

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

Do you still sleave the real short lines?

I don't sleeve any line, including the 1800# spectra I use on my show kites (any sleeved set I have is one I purchased or received, not one I made from bulk line)

#19 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:17 PM

Do you still sleave the real short lines?

ALL my line sets are sleeved - including my indoor set.

Some people go on about weight, but I've weighed the stuff and even on a standard indoor setup you're not even talking half a percent of the weight. Then again - I also fly 90# line indoors as well since I don't like the 50# LPG at all.

FYI... my indoor lines are 5, 8, 10 and 12' in length, my outdoor lines are 20, 30, 50, 80 and 120' in lenght.

Your mileage may vary B)

#20 jburka

jburka

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:15 AM

Some people go on about weight

Nope, I just can't be bothered. Don't think sleeving accomplishes enough to be worth the effort.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users