Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

I fly my mid-vent 75% of the time.
Std about 15%.
Vented and Xtra-vent the last 10%.

My mid is my "go-to" kite, but I bought it third after the std and full vent. I'll also use the mid a lot of the times when I should be using something else. I just love the way it handles more than the others.

Bart

Make sure to study/research the typical winds at YOUR flying locations. No question if you could only ever have 2 Rev's a std sail and full vent would be the wisest move for 99% of people. However if the winds in your area rarely go over say 12mph, then you would likely see much more use (value) from a Midvent.

I own all three (most rev fliers will own all 3, its just part of the addiction!) My full vent has seen maybe 30min of flight time in the last 6mos, but my std and mid have at least 8hrs each. The full vent just take more wind to even fly than I typically see, hoping more beach trips change that!

Welcome to the party / addiction / madness / joy of Rev flying!
Rev B full sail, Mid & Full Vent
Rev SLE
Rev Blast
Large Duffel bag full of frameless ripstop and lines

An ear to ear grin when the trees are moving

#22 Khal

Khal

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:39 AM

You know, the comments in this thread have helped me realize something. Due to the typically light inland winds I get here, I think I tend to use my SUL/Mid-Vent pairing the way others use their STD/Full-Vent pair. I know it's not a perfect analogy, just a usage pattern.
Brian

Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users