118 replies to this topic

#41 goestoeleven

goestoeleven

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

That Rich guy is an OK flyer and he even passed the Island Quad admission trial with an A++ :kid_devlish: :kid_smartass:

Cheers
Mario

Oh, that guy is a flyer, but I'm not sure he is OK (in the head). Just kidding Rich! Actually I think he is way more balanced than me. He has his priorities right - I am pretty sure he had this one booked sometime around kpx or earlier.

BTW Katrina, I don't think I am ready to fly in the line yet because I am the new guy after all... . .

ike_member.png and 180GO-100.png

#42 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:32 AM

Oh, that guy is a flyer, but I'm not sure he is OK (in the head). Just kidding Rich! Actually I think he is way more balanced than me. He has his priorities right - I am pretty sure he had this one booked sometime around kpx or earlier.

BTW Katrina, I don't think I am ready to fly in the line yet because I am the new guy after all... . .

Let's get it right.......
I had Wsikf 2012 planned the day Wsikf 2011 ended and for that matter already have 2013 in the books as well!!!!!!

For lack of a better way to put it..........I'll happily flail next to anybody that will put up with standing next to me!!!!!Posted Image
For those wondering abt Island Quad's test.......you just have to laugh as much on line as those jamokes do!

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#43 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:08 AM

I'm going to be there in 2013 but need to figure out how to get the rest of the team there as well...

#44 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:59 AM

How did anybody else learn?? You got basic control down? Everybody starts at square one when first on a line, but it doesn't take long to get used to it!! Posted Image Quit with the excuses and join in!!Posted Image

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#45 goestoeleven

goestoeleven

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

How did anybody else learn?? You got basic control down? Everybody starts at square one when first on a line, but it doesn't take long to get used to it!! Posted Image Quit with the excuses and join in!!Posted Image

Wayne .. . I'm joking! If I make it, I'll be flying in the lines ALL WEEK. You won't be able to get me out of the lines . . . . unless I decide to mess around on short line sets for a bit of a change. Last year I was hesitant to join in, this year (if I make it to WSIKF) I'll be up for team flying non-stop.

The problem I have is that I've learned from Rich . . . which is to say that I like standing in the line and flailing about when I'm supposed to be "good" and follow the leader. Slack lines = fun (a lot of the time).

ike_member.png and 180GO-100.png

#46 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:01 AM

Well even though I'm suffering with flu I was out flying today, and if I fly like i did today all i can say is I hope you're ready for some awesome flying.

Bring your A-game and push me as hard as you can, I'm coming to be tested, pushed and have fun.

#47 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:33 AM

Well even though I'm suffering with flu I was out flying today, and if I fly like i did today all i can say is I hope you're ready for some awesome flying.

Bring your A-game and push me as hard as you can, I'm coming to be tested, pushed and have fun.

Musta been that flu-influenced mind at work!! Posted Image Can't wait til WSIKF!!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#48 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:38 AM

Wayne .. . I'm joking! If I make it, I'll be flying in the lines ALL WEEK. You won't be able to get me out of the lines . . . . unless I decide to mess around on short line sets for a bit of a change. Last year I was hesitant to join in, this year (if I make it to WSIKF) I'll be up for team flying non-stop.

The problem I have is that I've learned from Rich . . . which is to say that I like standing in the line and flailing about when I'm supposed to be "good" and follow the leader. Slack lines = fun (a lot of the time).

Sorry - didn't mean to come off harsh or mean- spirited!! Posted Image Just after my own experience, know that many underestimate their skills and that keeps them from joining in on the fun!! Posted Image See you there!!Posted Image

wayne from portland

AKA member

#49 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:18 PM

Just touching base folks, as there was a WSIKF competition schedule on their website that had the NWSKL using field B quite a bit on Fri/Sat/Sun...

I have confirmed, they are running almost all of of their precision events on field C. No worries! :)

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#50 Bri

Bri

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:06 AM

Thanks John, glad that was just an old schedule!

#51 Smitty

Smitty

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:11 AM

John and Spence are flying masters.........this is going to be so cool, I've never flown against you guys. I hope I do halfway decent.

#52 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:14 AM

Dennis, use your thumbs and give 'em a run for the award

#53 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

Dennis, use your thumbs and give 'em a run for the award

Heck yeah, going to be tons of fun! :)

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#54 Bri

Bri

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:49 AM

Hi all,
Just wanted to drop in with a quick update. We are one flyer short of having 6 full teams, so if there's anyone you know that may want to do this, please let them know! (That count includes iQuad, they wanted to play too!) Should be a lot of fun, can't wait to see everyone there!

Bri

#55 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:00 AM

Hi all,
Just wanted to drop in with a quick update. We are one flyer short of having 6 full teams, so if there's anyone you know that may want to do this, please let them know! (That count includes iQuad, they wanted to play too!) Should be a lot of fun, can't wait to see everyone there!

Bri

Did you include Paul Dugard & Alden Miller?

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#56 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:01 AM

Have Steve or Bazzer fly 2 positions :devil:

#57 Bri

Bri

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:57 AM

Excellent suggestions gents! :) I hadn't included Paul or Alden because i hadn't heard specifically from them. But I think their names just got on the list. :) And I'd LOVE to see Bazzer and Stevie fly two positions each. I think it might even provide them a little bit of a challenge!

#58 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:03 AM

Does anything challenge those two? B)

Just get a third like that and you can have a 3 person champions team :wacko:

#59 Bri

Bri

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:48 AM

Does anything challenge those two? B)

Just get a third like that and you can have a 3 person champions team :wacko:

You're right, that proably wouldn't challenge those two at all. They're nuts, but they're lovable little mutants. :)

I'm working on my two kite flying skills, but I'm having trouble focusing on both kites at once. Maybe a little brain surgery is in order.

#60 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:01 AM

You're right, that proably wouldn't challenge those two at all. They're nuts, but they're lovable little mutants. :)

I'm working on my two kite flying skills, but I'm having trouble focusing on both kites at once. Maybe a little brain surgery is in order.

A little ELP "Brain Salad Surgery" might be in order!!!Posted Image For the musically challenged, that's Emerson, Lake, and Palmer, one of the first "super groups"!

wayne from portland

AKA member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users