Vented Supersonic vs Vented Blast

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MantisToboggan

MantisToboggan
  • Forum Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:54 AM

I'm currently flying a standard supersonic and am looking for something to take a little higher wind speed with more control. Just wondering from anyone that has flown a vented supersonic or one of the new vented blasts, how much less speed/quickness does the supersonic have from venting, and how much less speed/quickness does the blast have vs the supersonic vented or otherwise? I figure both will be slower than the std ss I have, but if a vented blast isn't much slower than the vented ss I may go for the blast just from hearing they are more precise with the larger sail. I would be happy to hear any recommendations or opinions.

#2 tonycarl

tonycarl

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:32 AM

I have both the standard and vented Supersonic and I prefer the vented version. It is a lot smoother and more controllable than the standard, and you won't really notice the slight decrease in speed. It's my goto kite for high wind fun :)

#3 MantisToboggan

MantisToboggan
  • Forum Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:50 AM

I have both the standard and vented Supersonic and I prefer the vented version. It is a lot smoother and more controllable than the standard, and you won't really notice the slight decrease in speed. It's my goto kite for high wind fun :)

If adding the vent on the supersonic is not losing much speed, I guess I'm just wondering how much slower a blast is than a supersonic now, and if its not a lot would I really notice that much more control with the blast over the ss? I'm getting something vented for sure, but if the blast is just going to give a marginal stability increase while not performing with as much pep as the ss, I may just save myself $100 and get another ss, the most important thing to me is the speed. I hear the blast is more stable than the ss and I want one, I have just been holding out until I've heard what they are like from someone that has flown a vented blast.

#4 MantisToboggan

MantisToboggan
  • Forum Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:04 AM

Still looking for anyone that has flown a Blast or Vented Blast and can compare it to a Supersonic.

#5 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

I have both in reg and vented I suggest getting them all. The Vented sonic is still faster than the blast or vented blast and is very precise so you can't go wrong with it. The Vented Blast I do like better than the standard especially with the race rods in ultralight wind it's a freak.

Hope this helps.
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users