7 replies to this topic

#1 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:25 AM

For anyone that does not know I support our troops and believe that they are all hero's,
each day they pay the price for my way of life and I am thankful..... The price of freedom
is not free and these boys and girls pay for it with there sweat and blood each day, thank
you all for your service...... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• 58-4.jpg
  • 0525121538a.jpg

#2 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:58 AM

That is So Very Awesome! :ani_punk: Where were these pics taken?

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#3 Jynx

Jynx

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Location:West Allis (Milwaukee) WI ...and... New Smyrna Beach FL winters

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:01 PM

Is that a REAL SHOOK on a Real Shook? Posted Image

"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power,

then there will be peace"

Jimi Hendrix

Posted Image

#4 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:08 PM

I find many things inspiring. To carry on in the same sort of line, and I know this will not only apply to the UK and USA, there are many other Countries who are equally proud, even I am sure some of the ones we might have been in conflict with.

A lot of you will know that I work for Land Rover teaching off road driving. There is an organisation in the UK called Help the Hero's, well Land Rover and Help the Hero's got together and put on a Day for injured ex servicmen.

It was an awesome time, there were a group of folks with them that help them in Day to Day living and they were in tears, I am welling up even now typing this. They said it was the first time they had seen some of the traumatised ex servicemen smile since their injuries.

It was fantastic, there were a few who had poor or no sight at all, and with a bit of coaching from us they were driving round our off road tracks better than sighted folks. There was one chap, no eyes, and no legs, only the use of one arm. We got a Range Rover Sport and put hand controls in it, he drove round easy as you like, his Dad was in tears, when we asked why he said he never thought he would see his son drive ever again. The guy and the instructor almost fell out of the car laughing at one stage, the instructor had said "put your foot on the brake" to which he replied "I can't my feet are in the back of my Dad's car"

It was a FANTASTIC Day, most of us gift aided out Days wages to the charity.

#5 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

I find many things inspiring. To carry on in the same sort of line, and I know this will not only apply to the UK and USA, there are many other Countries who are equally proud, even I am sure some of the ones we might have been in conflict with.

A lot of you will know that I work for Land Rover teaching off road driving. There is an organisation in the UK called Help the Hero's, well Land Rover and Help the Hero's got together and put on a Day for injured ex servicmen.

It was an awesome time, there were a group of folks with them that help them in Day to Day living and they were in tears, I am welling up even now typing this. They said it was the first time they had seen some of the traumatised ex servicemen smile since their injuries.

It was fantastic, there were a few who had poor or no sight at all, and with a bit of coaching from us they were driving round our off road tracks better than sighted folks. There was one chap, no eyes, and no legs, only the use of one arm. We got a Range Rover Sport and put hand controls in it, he drove round easy as you like, his Dad was in tears, when we asked why he said he never thought he would see his son drive ever again. The guy and the instructor almost fell out of the car laughing at one stage, the instructor had said "put your foot on the brake" to which he replied "I can't my feet are in the back of my Dad's car"

It was a FANTASTIC Day, most of us gift aided out Days wages to the charity.

What a great story and what a great company, it makes my heart proud when I hear things
like this, you know it does'nt really matter what the country is, when our servicemen come
home they deserve nothing but the very best from that country..... They risked it all and in
some cases paid the ultimate price, God bless our troops and bring them home.....BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
(just my two cents)

Attached Thumbnails

• P1020234.JPG

#6 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:47 PM

Rock n roll Ben.

And ditto your God Bless.

#7 Cath Shook

Cath Shook

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:37 AM

Rock n roll Ben.

And ditto your God Bless.

Baloo and Ben,

Thanks Gentlemen, from the mom of a US Soldier. Yep, what more can I say - teary eyes and all!

... and yes it is young Shook flying his RWB mesh made by dad, Eliot ... somewhere in the Mohave desert in training.

Last 2 times he was deployed, we held back sending him kites for something to do during down time. Apparently we were silly! He now has his rev bag with dualies knocked down and stowed with his revs :)

BTW, Happy Bastille Day!

Cath
cath@flyingsmileskites.com
www.FlyingSmilesKites.com
252-453-8442

Come see us at Flying Smiles Kites when you're on the Outer Banks of NC!

Kites make me smile ... Revs make me grin!

"Be the change you want to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi

#8 kellykelly

kellykelly

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:52 AM

What a great story!!

Kelly

Kiting Tampa Bay Kite Club
If you plan on Coming to the Tampa Bay Area. We would love to Fly with you..

Check out Kiting Tampa Bay Web site!
Learn more about our club, events and Lots of great kite links.

Just Friends Flying Kites 

Kite Mania South - 2014 Treasure Island Beach! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users