11 replies to this topic

#1 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:52 AM

Well as I get ready for Lincoln City I have to say I've been home way to long....Posted Image I'm not
sure what happens but when I'm home for this long I just go crazy and with that said what
can I do for you....... My bag is only half packed so if you want me to throw in a kite you've
wanted to try give me a holler and I'll bring it with me, but for now lets just say it's a crazy
Ben headed to the Or. coast...... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

See you there, soon!! Posted Image

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#3 mdilucca

mdilucca

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:47 PM

Awesome Ben!! Island Quad will be there to cheer you up my friend :kid_devlish: :kid_smartass:

Hey Wayne, I'll have a treat for you too!!!! :w00t:

Cheers
Mario

Cheers

Mario

Island_quad_logoSmall_50_zps817bf301.jpg

#4 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:44 AM

Thanks Mario!!! Be there on Tuesday!! Gotta get a beach fix - NOW!!Posted Image

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#5 Bri

Bri

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

See you all in LC, here's hoping this one is less "exciting" than the last!

#6 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:07 PM

Wow talk about a turn around, Lincoln City started off pretty rough with lots of rain and LOTS of cold......Posted Image Then it
happened sun and smooth winds and as always the "Family" came out in force, I mean no matter where you turned
all you saw was "Revolutions" and I'd have to say the everyone had fun..... Then as an added bonus Connor did his
first demo with his three stack and he really did a great job, also I'd like to go on record saying that Island Quad has
really stepped up there game, plus I'm not sure who or what team was flying across the "D River" but they did a
fine job.... So lets hope for another good day tomorrow and lets see what the wind gods have in store for us..... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• P1030561.JPG
  • P1030564.JPG
  • P1030599.JPG
  • P1030612.JPG

#7 HedgeWarden

HedgeWarden

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:53 PM

, plus I'm not sure who or what team was flying across the "D River" but they did a
fine job.... So lets hope for another good day tomorrow and lets see what the wind gods have in store for us..... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I believe, Ben, you were watching Katrina's nascent team.:kid_smartass:
-Howard
No, this is my first childhood!

#8 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:04 AM

Yeah, there were a couple of us mixed in with Cass and Carol, and others just having a blast!! I think we got it up to an 8 person at one time, mostly 6!! And here I was, last year, fearing team flying!! Hey, I see a line forming - get outta the way!!!!Posted Image

wayne from portland

AKA member

#9 Bri

Bri

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

It was a great weekend, even better than I had any right to hope for! And flying with Katrina, Carol, Cass et al was awesome. Learned a lot and had fun doing it. Gotta love these kites... From strangers to family in no time at all.

#10 genesant

genesant
  • Forum Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:46 PM

I stopped by yesterday afternoon briefly. Big crowd. After John flew his Rabbit of Seville routine he had a humourous little skit with Charlie Chaplin (Amy). Dog staking thru the hook of Charlies cane was a twist that was funny. Congratulations to both of you.

#11 katrina

katrina

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:40 AM

I believe, Ben, you were watching Katrina's nascent team.:kid_smartass:

:blue_wink: Late Saturday four members of our boot camp team were practicing on that side of the river, but we were quite a bit north. I think Ben was probably referring to the larger, more obvious group (us and others) just N of the river. Now, since we were: a) flying team and b ) not part of any official team, I guess that means you were looking at Team Free Agents, Ben! :P I did get to lead that group for a little bit (so fun!! and everyone is so competent now), but mostly it was Carol at the helm.:matrix: I heard Brett Morris did some leading, and so did Wayne! Pretty cool. Good festival. As usual.

Let's see, who was at the "Northside" LC Festival: me, Brett M, Gerry, Wayne, Mark, Bri, Cass, Carol, Bruce, Kevin, Anne, Jim Cable, Seth, Howard, and my brother-in-law Kris and my nephew Ben who are brand new fliers. Who am I missing?

Just pretend all my statements are prefaced with IIRC, AFAIK, IMHO, and end with "Just my $.02," okay?
(And stop asking for cookies, all you new darkside converts! It was all just a ruse to get you here!)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#12 LS Kite Stakes

LS Kite Stakes

Make it Custom!

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:22 PM

I was there for a short time...... :sign_kitelife:
LS Custom Kite Accessories

Maker of the Original Marble Kite Stake
And Revolution Snagless Pro Handles