• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 barnabe42

barnabe42
  • Forum Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:18 AM

Hello,

I just got myself a second hand shockwave. the previous owner told me that he change the bridle setting ;the kite is currently flying but compare to my rev 1.5 stock it does not feel right.
I would like to set it to default value, is there any document to set the bridle with default settings, I tried to Google it but I could not find anything for this particular model.

thangks
/Eric

#2 stevepigeon

stevepigeon

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:36 AM

i will check mine i also have a couple new shockwave bridles if you are expecting the shockwave to act like your 1.5 its not going to i love mine great for floating tricks and unbelievable on fast inverted slides in 20mph winds its a hoot really fun kite nothing like a 1.5 you have to learn to control it and not let it get away from you
Steve & Sherri

#3 barnabe42

barnabe42
  • Forum Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:47 AM

i will check mine i also have a couple new shockwave bridles if you are expecting the shockwave to act like your 1.5 its not going to i love mine great for floating tricks and unbelievable on fast inverted slides in 20mph winds its a hoot really fun kite nothing like a 1.5 you have to learn to control it and not let it get away from you

Thanks for the reply, I know they do not feel the same way and they are quite different but I have always been happy with the stock bridle setting of my 1.5, I never adjust them and it always feel good.
The previous owner did not really mentioned why he modified the settings but now I measured that some lines are not exactly the same measurement on the left and right side and I would like to set it right :).

/Eric

#4 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:30 PM

You can purchase a factory replacement bridle for $12.00 usd. It will fit into a normal envelope and can be mailed for appx. $2.00.

Shoot me an e-mail and we can get one out to you.

#5 barnabe42

barnabe42
  • Forum Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:18 AM

You can purchase a factory replacement bridle for $12.00 usd. It will fit into a normal envelope and can be mailed for appx. $2.00.

Shoot me an e-mail and we can get one out to you.

Thanks I will do that if I can't find set default settings. I am quite surprised that those settings are not easily available.

Eric

#6 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:31 AM

I believe part of the reason you can't find dimensions for the bridle is because messing with bridle settings is somewhat akin to alchemy; if you get it wrong the results can be hazardous and volatile. I understand you aren't adjusting but rather trying to fix it, but I would recommend purchasing a new one.

Sent from my Android smartphone using Tapatalk 2

Have Rev, Will Travel

My YouTube Channel - Thanks for watching smile.png

#7 barnabe42

barnabe42
  • Forum Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

I believe part of the reason you can't find dimensions for the bridle is because messing with bridle settings is somewhat akin to alchemy; if you get it wrong the results can be hazardous and volatile. I understand you aren't adjusting but rather trying to fix it, but I would recommend purchasing a new one.

Sent from my Android smartphone using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, I think I will go in that direction. it is quite cheap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users