stacking b-1.5

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 timmyz

timmyz
  • Forum Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:44 AM

i am new to stacking and i want to stack my b series 1.5s. i have a full vent , mid vent ,and a standard . what order should they be stacked?
thanks timmyz

#2 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:03 AM

In that order works best.
You want the one with the most sail surface at the back to stabilize the train and the least at the front.
Also have your strongest/stiffest rods on the front kite.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#3 timmyz

timmyz
  • Forum Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:23 AM

In that order works best.
You want the one with the most sail surface at the back to stabilize the train and the least at the front.
Also have your strongest/stiffest rods on the front kite.

thanks, my mid vent is on its way from kent at a wind of change. a super kite guy with tons of info. i was going to get into the power kite thing but i love the rev 1.5. so i decided to make a complete set. any more info on stacking would be greatly appreciated. timmyz

#4 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:46 AM

If you want to break one of the kites loose easily to fly separately, attach 1-1.5 inch pigtails to the points on the sail where the bridle attaches. Just leave them there along with the bridle and let the bridle hang loose on the 2nd and third REV when flying a train.
Attach your train lines to the pigtails. Train lines lengths differ depending on who you ask. I do know the shorter the train lines the less the train pulls, up to a point, then the train can become unstable as enough wind is not getting the the latter kites.
Try starting with train lines that are 3/4 the width of the REV 1.5.
Make sure that all pig tails on a REV are exactly the same length to the knot.
Make sure that train lines sets are the exactly the same length. This means a set of 7 lines. The next set could vary and inch or so meaning that set of 7 lines would be the same length. e.g. set A 70 inches, set B 71 inches.
Have fun!

International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

#5 timmyz

timmyz
  • Forum Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:56 AM

If you want to break one of the kites loose easily to fly separately, attach 1-1.5 inch pigtails to the points on the sail where the bridle attaches. Just leave them there along with the bridle and let the bridle hang loose on the 2nd and third REV when flying a train.
Attach your train lines to the pigtails. Train lines lengths differ depending on who you ask. I do know the shorter the train lines the less the train pulls, up to a point, then the train can become unstable as enough wind is not getting the the latter kites.
Try starting with train lines that are 3/4 the width of the REV 1.5.
Make sure that all pig tails on a REV are exactly the same length to the knot.
Make sure that train lines sets are the exactly the same length. This means a set of 7 lines. The next set could vary and inch or so meaning that set of 7 lines would be the same length. e.g. set A 70 inches, set B 71 inches.
Have fun!

i actually have 2 sets of pre tied rev 41/2' stacking lines i got when i bought my full vent. i do want to be able to fly them separately so i will try that . thanks timmyz

#6 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

Yeah, it is bit extra work. However it is worth it in the long run.

Once you have the pigtails installed an the train lines installed, measure the distance rod to rod between each REV and verify that the distance is consistent and precise for each of the 7 train lines. The center is not that critical however all the other lines are critical.
If you are off maybe by 0.5 inch on one train line, the train could start to dance.

#7 timmyz

timmyz
  • Forum Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:01 PM

Yeah, it is bit extra work. However it is worth it in the long run.

Once you have the pigtails installed an the train lines installed, measure the distance rod to rod between each REV and verify that the distance is consistent and precise for each of the 7 train lines. The center is not that critical however all the other lines are critical.
If you are off maybe by 0.5 inch on one train line, the train could start to dance.

thanks again. no wind today, so it will have to wait. timmyz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users