Rev Prices?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Andy L

Andy L
  • Forum Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:04 AM

Is it just me or do revolution not actually quote the prices of the 1.5 SLE and B-series kites on their website? The prices are there for the masterpiece series, but not the standard kites. Does anyone know the price of the B-series vented and the 1.5 SLE if bought direct from revolution? Thanks.

#2 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:35 AM

Sounds like the same problem I had when I started looking (summer 2005). They say they don’t quote prices because they want to you speak to them first and discuss your needs so they can be sure they are selling you the right kite, in truth they want to know the best price you’ve been offered so that they can undercut it.

In the end I went to Kiteworld (link at bottom of post) all the prices are on their website. They were great and at the time far cheaper than anyone else in the UK. Though I would recommend you ring to check availability before ordering, trust me they will do their best to sort you out.

http://kiteworld.co.uk/
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#3 Andy L

Andy L
  • Forum Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 05:03 AM

I usually by my revs from steve at kiteworld, but they can only get the b-series in red, blue and purple colour schemes (i wanted a lime (yellow) coloured one), but at the same time Im not prepared to pay to much just for the sake of different colours so i thought about ordering a couple of kites direct from revolution so that the delivery charge would be spread between them. Never mind though, looks like steve will be getting some more business this afternoon.

#4 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:14 AM

“Curiouser and curiouser,” said Alice.

I thought they were looking to be the “people to see” for Revs in the UK, and they can’t supply the whole range, not even on a special order?

Not that it matters to me, I don’t have any kite pennies to spend for a while, I’ve got a daughter at university.
Stone in Shoe Bob

#5 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:42 AM

I don't want to talk for Rev but may be able to help you out on this one. Revolution is a company that pushes customer service along with customer satisfaction as their main priority. Revolution chooses to distribute their products through qualified retail kite outlets that can see to it on a personal "one-on-one" basis that the customer has the best support possible for their products. Revolution also strongly suggests that all of their retail outlets carry a good selection of repair parts and service to also help in customer service and product satisfaction.

Revolution can not do everything by themselves and still maintain highest customer satisfaction for their products. Instead they choose to support their network of retail kite stores throughout the world and hope that the individual stores will offer a higher and more personal level of customer support. If you need a part for your Rev, it is easiest if you can drop by your local shop and pick it up instead of having to wait a week or so to get the part. It is also better if you can see the kites first hand instead of trying to match colors through websites and pictures which can vary drastically from one monitor to the next.

The Masterpiece series of Revolutions are available through Revolution because these are extremely limited production kites that your local kite store will not be able to stock. How would you divide up 5 or 10 Revolutions to hundreds of stores?? Because of this limited amount of kites, Revolution offers exclusive buyers to purchase these Rev's directly from the factory. On all of the other models of Revolutions, Rev suggests that you contact your local shop to do your purchases. In most cases, your local shop can give you a better price than the factory will offer (stores will include discounts such as AKA, special sales, package deals, etc...).

Revolution understands that there is not a kite store in every town or city, therefore they do offer those that do not have a local shop to purchase their products directly from them. They also offer custom colors and designs that may differ from their normal production models. Revolution also understands that you may not like to deal with your local shop for whatever reason. Because of these situations, Rev does allow customers to contact them directly to make their purchases and will always do whatever possible to make sure you are happy with your Revolution kite. Revolution does prefer that you contact a local retailer for their products, this is the reason they do not have a fully functional store with prices listed on their website. If you are unable to contact a local shop or do not have one nearby, Revolution is more than happy to work with you to get you the kite(s) you desire.

I am not a representative of Revolution and do not want to talk on their behalf. Ben, please correct me on anything above if I am out of line or not accurate.

Hope that helps with your questions.

#6 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:55 AM

That seems pretty spot on to me.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#7 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:50 AM

i too wonder why on their site 2 things... 1 you can order from the computer you have to call .. 2 no prices on any of the kites the only thing you can get are the small parts like endcaps and o rings
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#8 beach

beach

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:07 PM

Wind of Change I could not have said it better myself, I personaly direct common sales to retailers all the time and if ever I sale direct the cust. could have gotten it cheaper at a retailer, so Stone in Shoe your wrong about undercutting if I had that business practice no one would do business with me my friend. Most of the direct sales are special stuff or a personal friend or someone who has no kite store in there area or a Masterpiece, and I believe these practices are fair and as for parts, I make the parts for our kites and know what people need better than alot of stores and I will sell parts because most stores will not carry what they should and the most important thing to me is to keep people flying and to meet these ends I will do what it takes.............Ben B)

#9 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 05:11 AM

Wooo!

Profuse apologies Guys.

Much Egg on Face.

I had totally misread Andy’s opening post and, to be honest, after re-reading I can’t even understand how I did it.

I had thought Andy was going to Revolution direct, because he was having trouble getting firm prices from UK dealers which was the trouble I was having 2 year ago and why I went to Kiteworld. They were prepared to quote a fair price and stand by it.

I certainly did not intend to question Revolution’s business ethics and I sincerely apologise for any offence caused
Stone in Shoe Bob

#10 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 11:01 AM

No worries at all Bob, I don't think you offended anyone at all. The question is a pretty valid question and hopefully more shops will start stocking more parts and accessories for the Rev's they carry. I am sure that Rev would rather focus most of their concentration on production and new products than on retail sales.

BTW, I can't wait for my new Randy Tom to arrive!!!

#11 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:16 PM

What on earth is a 'Randy Tom'?? :o

#12 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:46 PM

The New Masterpiece, Ya silly rabbit ;)

http://www.revkites.com/main/Randy_Tom
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#13 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:00 PM

Sounds like a fancy drink!

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#14 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 12:50 AM

Come on Fraser, you are letting the side down!!

#15 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 02:17 AM

Hey, it's all I can do to keep quiet on this!! Can IMAGINE the potential posts that are floating around in this head?? :lol:

#16 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:55 AM

Hey, it's all I can do to keep quiet on this!! Can IMAGINE the potential posts that are floating around in this head?? :lol:

You know it just hit me your in the UK and what that would actually mean to you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jim,

Posted Image

#17 Lagrenge

Lagrenge
  • Forum Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 10:05 AM

I don't want to talk for Rev but may be able to help you out on this one. Revolution is a company that pushes customer service along with customer satisfaction as their main priority. Revolution chooses to distribute their products through qualified retail kite outlets that can see to it on a personal "one-on-one" basis that the customer has the best support possible for their products. Revolution also strongly suggests that all of their retail outlets carry a good selection of repair parts and service to also help in customer service and product satisfaction.

Revolution can not do everything by themselves and still maintain highest customer satisfaction for their products. Instead they choose to support their network of retail kite stores throughout the world and hope that the individual stores will offer a higher and more personal level of customer support. If you need a part for your Rev, it is easiest if you can drop by your local shop and pick it up instead of having to wait a week or so to get the part. It is also better if you can see the kites first hand instead of trying to match colors through websites and pictures which can vary drastically from one monitor to the next.

Well this is not the fact in Portugal...

We can't get a REV here and neither spear parts... I am looking for several and I have to order them from Spain or England... (and we do have a reseller in Portugal...)

#18 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 09:57 PM

You know it just hit me your in the UK and what that would actually mean to you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ha ha ha! There ya go! :lol:

#19 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 10:03 PM

Ha ha ha! There ya go! :lol:

In that case :big_blowup:
Jim,

Posted Image

#20 Dave M

Dave M

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 02:06 AM

"Curiouser and curiouser," said Alice.

I thought they were looking to be the "people to see" for Revs in the UK, and they can't supply the whole range, not even on a special order?

Not that it matters to me, I don't have any kite pennies to spend for a while, I've got a daughter at university.

I am not sure what misunderstandings there may have been but of course Kiteworld are able to obtain any Revolution Kites that
are currently available.

We have all colours of the B series in both standard and vented on order plus what stocks at the wharehouse.

There is a yellow standard B series that was a cancelled order from europe now available if Andy is still looking.

The trucks have just finished being unloaded from the Dunstable Downs Kite Festival so all the stock should be back.

I must say this was our first visit to the Dunstable Festival and really enjoyed the day and great location. Michael was very impressed
with the guys from the Revolution pairs team and if all goes well with the National Trust it should be able to turn into a 2 day event
from next year.

Oh and hopefully we are still the "people to see" for Revs in the UK

Dave M
Kiteworld

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users