22 replies to this topic

#21 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

I love this. I tried this while trying out my new 50' lines, and it worked great. Snap the brake lines and the kite starts to glide away. I could keep a little tension on the brakes to get maximum glide and steer a bit. With the lousy wind (0-5mph) it really helped. I ran back 50 yards at one point, and with 50 foot lines, that was quite a glide!

A good way to practice this - put marks on the sand (if on the beach) or in some way mark the beginning and ending points you want to be in between!! Start at the forward mark, back up as needed til you hit the backwards mark, then "recycle" the ground between your marks!! Doesn't take long to stay within a pretty small area to fly!!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#22 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:04 AM

@Rexracer, well done, some take to it straight away, for others, it takes a little time, well done.
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#23 lamrith

lamrith

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

I love this. I tried this while trying out my new 50' lines, and it worked great. Snap the brake lines and the kite starts to glide away. I could keep a little tension on the brakes to get maximum glide and steer a bit. With the lousy wind (0-5mph) it really helped. I ran back 50 yards at one point, and with 50 foot lines, that was quite a glide!

JB taught/showed us this on Day 1 of the WCRC, it is very very handy on low wind days!

Once you get the hang of it try adding slides in as well. It will usually take considerable arm offset, but is fun and lets you really float the kite to land where you want it.
Rev B full sail, Mid & Full Vent
Rev SLE
Rev Blast
Large Duffel bag full of frameless ripstop and lines

An ear to ear grin when the trees are moving

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users