• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 kiteweazle

kiteweazle
  • Forum Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:40 AM

Hallo Karl-Heinz,
Welcommen auf der dunkelseiten oder besser gesagt welkommen auf der freundliche seiten.

Hallo John,
thank you for the welcome. The dunkelseiten is realy a freundliche seite. So much response on my thread. :D

Greetings, and a nice holiday season with a lot of wind
Karl-Heinz
Regards Karl-Heinz

... always have a nice wind ...

sorry, about my bad english - if you find some mistakes, you can keep hold them ....

#22 kiteweazle

kiteweazle
  • Forum Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 10:13 AM

OK first off my thinking your mad are totally separate from your kite choices LOL :P

Now to make you feel better, My first kite was an EXP I was bored in a week I got the 1.5 6 days later flew that for about 8 days and got the Power Blast 2-4 ( now who's mad ) got a Rev II about a month later then a Vented Super Sonic shortly after.

The Shockwave is the most difficult of all the Rev's to fly, the Super Sonic is much more forgiving as far as handle movements.

All of the speed series need the SLE due to the power they produce my absolute favorite is the Vented Super Sonic, I tried putting a 3 wrap LE in the vented Sonic and all it did was flap like a sparrow and freak out. Now the difference in flight characteristics are as follows.

Much faster in flight more pull (non vented) controlling is very touchy I suggest shorter handles as the sensitivity to brakes are allot higher, as well as sensitivity in the up wards setting they can have a tendency to come right at you when launching if you thumbs back too far when launching.

They slide the best inverted, they float incredible, sounds like the ultimate kite but the speed makes them very difficult for precision as they just want to go go go, one thing you can't really do like with a 1.5 is whip your arms around during turns it's very Handle Oriented for control.

Your choice for the Blast is a good one as you get the benefits of very light wind use, but remember even at low wind there is a small window where you move your wrists up or down a cm. and you will see the LE curl and the power will lock in (holding it there is the trick)

The name Blast says it all Joe wasn't kidding when he named that kite, hopefully you get the video or DVD with it there are some good hints and tips on it.

Most Hardcore Rev Fliers do not like the speed series, personally once I got good at flying them it made flying a 1.5 seem like slow motion and actually helped me get the precision down easier.

Again Reg Rev's and the Speed Series are 2 different animals and must be flown that way.

Welcome to the Madness, One Step Beyond :blink:

Hello Jim,
thats a realy good description of the character of the different REV`s. :clap;
I have a lot of fun with the Supersonic, and I hope I get my Shockwave soon. I think all REV`s have there own right to exist. ;)
I like the "different animals" and the Madness of the 4 lines. :D

Geetings, and always a nice wind
Karl-Heinz
Regards Karl-Heinz

sorry, about my bad english - if you find some mistakes, you can keep hold them ....

#23 kiteweazle

kiteweazle
  • Forum Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 10:33 AM

Sounds like it's all good, to me! Woohoo!

So: 'Just go for the Blast and have done with it', is what you're saying, innit?

Hi Fraser,
I´m contagioned, I can`t do otherwise. :ani_yahoo:

Karl-Heinz
Regards Karl-Heinz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users