• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 kiteweazle

kiteweazle
  • Forum Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 06:19 AM

Hello altogether,
my name is Karl-Heinz Pfrommer. I´m a newbie in the Revolution Forum. I`m from Mühlacker in Germany, and since last autum I fly a 1.5 SLE :) . Now I have ordered a REV Shockwave - I hope it is comming soon :rolleyes: - that`s the quad-line-infect ;) .
I`m glad to be a member of this forum. I wish me a lot of interesting discussion about quad-line-kites.

A lot of greetings from Germany
Karl-Heinz

Sorry, about my bad English
Regards Karl-Heinz

... always have a nice wind ...

sorry, about my bad english - if you find some mistakes, you can keep hold them ....

#2 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 07:02 AM

Hello altogether,
my name is Karl-Heinz Pfrommer. I´m a newbie in the Revolution Forum. I`m from Mühlacker in Germany, and since last autum I fly a 1.5 SLE :) . Now I have ordered a REV Shockwave - I hope it is comming soon :rolleyes: - that`s the quad-line-infect ;) .
I`m glad to be a member of this forum. I wish me a lot of interesting discussion about quad-line-kites.

Karl-Heinz

No apologies, Karl-Heinz - your english is more than good enough (though I live in Scotland - most of us can't speak it anyway! :P )

Anyway, I think non-first-language English makes for some excellent phrases: "the quad-line-infect" is exactly what happens when you get caught by the Rev bug!

Enjoy the forum, K-H - great bunch of people.

Fraser

#3 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 08:33 AM

Welcome Karl, Feel free to ask as many questions as you like (and you will when you get that Shockwave) everyone on this forum is very friendly and enjoy helping others through the learning curve and beyond.

Interesting choice for your second kite the Shockwave, just so you know ahead of time it's a very touchy kite probably the most difficult of all the Revolutions to fly.

The key to the Shockwave is small moves with the handles and watch out for right and left pulling that kite will slide out to the side in the blink of an eye, after I learned it fairly well it has become one of my favorites.

Just remember its totally different from flying a 1.5 it will be like learning all over but very worth it, your 1.5 flying will get allot better after you have gotten used to the that one.

Fly Well New Addict :D
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#4 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:00 AM

Welcome Karl, Feel free to ask as many questions as you like (and you will when you get that Shockwave) everyone on this forum is very friendly and enjoy helping others through the learning curve and beyond.

Interesting choice for your second kite the Shockwave, just so you know ahead of time it's a very touchy kite probably the most difficult of all the Revolutions to fly.

The key to the Shockwave is small moves with the handles and watch out for right and left pulling that kite will slide out to the side in the blink of an eye, after I learned it fairly well it has become one of my favorites.

Just remember its totally different from flying a 1.5 it will be like learning all over but very worth it, your 1.5 flying will get allot better after you have gotten used to the that one.

Fly Well New Addict :D

Hey Jim.

That's an interesting reply. I've been trying to justify expanding my Rev collection already (even though I can still barely fly my first one yet!). I love the look of the Speed-series, but can't really work - out from the blurb - the different characteristics of the Shockwave, Supersonic and Blast.

I thinking the Supersonic is the softer option of the three? It seems to be a vented version of the Shockwave and without the SLE. Am I right? More to the point - am I mad to be even thinking about any of them??! :lol:

PS Won't matter if you say 'yes' - I'm gonna do it anyway! LOL

#5 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:05 AM

Hello altogether,

Karl-Heinz

Welcome Karl, there are plenty of new people here so don't hesitiate to ask questions. This is a very good group and the experienced flyers seem more than willing to help! :)

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#6 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:30 AM

Hello altogether,

Karl-Heinz

Hallo Karl-Heinz,
Welcommen auf der dunkelseiten oder besser gesagt welkommen auf der freundliche seiten.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#7 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:43 AM

Hey Jim.

That's an interesting reply. I've been trying to justify expanding my Rev collection already (even though I can still barely fly my first one yet!). I love the look of the Speed-series, but can't really work - out from the blurb - the different characteristics of the Shockwave, Supersonic and Blast.

I thinking the Supersonic is the softer option of the three? It seems to be a vented version of the Shockwave and without the SLE. Am I right? More to the point - am I mad to be even thinking about any of them??! :lol:

PS Won't matter if you say 'yes' - I'm gonna do it anyway! LOL

OK first off my thinking your mad are totally separate from your kite choices LOL :P

Now to make you feel better, My first kite was an EXP I was bored in a week I got the 1.5 6 days later flew that for about 8 days and got the Power Blast 2-4 ( now who's mad ) got a Rev II about a month later then a Vented Super Sonic shortly after.

The Shockwave is the most difficult of all the Rev's to fly, the Super Sonic is much more forgiving as far as handle movements.

All of the speed series need the SLE due to the power they produce my absolute favorite is the Vented Super Sonic, I tried putting a 3 wrap LE in the vented Sonic and all it did was flap like a sparrow and freak out. Now the difference in flight characteristics are as follows.

Much faster in flight more pull (non vented) controlling is very touchy I suggest shorter handles as the sensitivity to brakes are allot higher, as well as sensitivity in the up wards setting they can have a tendency to come right at you when launching if you thumbs back too far when launching.

They slide the best inverted, they float incredible, sounds like the ultimate kite but the speed makes them very difficult for precision as they just want to go go go, one thing you can't really do like with a 1.5 is whip your arms around during turns it's very Handle Oriented for control.

Your choice for the Blast is a good one as you get the benefits of very light wind use, but remember even at low wind there is a small window where you move your wrists up or down a cm. and you will see the LE curl and the power will lock in (holding it there is the trick)

The name Blast says it all Joe wasn't kidding when he named that kite, hopefully you get the video or DVD with it there are some good hints and tips on it.

Most Hardcore Rev Fliers do not like the speed series, personally once I got good at flying them it made flying a 1.5 seem like slow motion and actually helped me get the precision down easier.

Again Reg Rev's and the Speed Series are 2 different animals and must be flown that way.

Welcome to the Madness, One Step Beyond :blink:
Jim,

Posted Image

#8 kiteweazle

kiteweazle
  • Forum Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:57 AM

Hello all,
thank you for the friendly welcome :) . The decision for the shockwave was simple. I can borrow a Supersonic from my son, so I have the chance to learn with a speed kite ;) . In autumn I want to build a Supersonic by myself (my fist self built kite :blink: ). So it is obvious to buy an Shockwave now. Maybe a Blast is waiting on it`s turn next year - you know - the quad-line-virus :lol: .

I wish you all a nice day, and always a good wind
Karl
Regards Karl-Heinz

... always have a nice wind ...

sorry, about my bad english - if you find some mistakes, you can keep hold them ....

#9 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:50 AM

Hallo Karl-Heinz,
Welcommen auf der dunkelseiten oder besser gesagt welkommen auf der freundliche seiten.

Show off! :P

#10 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:52 AM

OK first off my thinking your mad are totally separate from your kite choices LOL :P

Now to make you feel better, My first kite was an EXP I was bored in a week I got the 1.5 6 days later flew that for about 8 days and got the Power Blast 2-4 ( now who's mad ) got a Rev II about a month later then a Vented Super Sonic shortly after.

The Shockwave is the most difficult of all the Rev's to fly, the Super Sonic is much more forgiving as far as handle movements.

All of the speed series need the SLE due to the power they produce my absolute favorite is the Vented Super Sonic, I tried putting a 3 wrap LE in the vented Sonic and all it did was flap like a sparrow and freak out. Now the difference in flight characteristics are as follows.

Much faster in flight more pull (non vented) controlling is very touchy I suggest shorter handles as the sensitivity to brakes are allot higher, as well as sensitivity in the up wards setting they can have a tendency to come right at you when launching if you thumbs back too far when launching.

They slide the best inverted, they float incredible, sounds like the ultimate kite but the speed makes them very difficult for precision as they just want to go go go, one thing you can't really do like with a 1.5 is whip your arms around during turns it's very Handle Oriented for control.

Your choice for the Blast is a good one as you get the benefits of very light wind use, but remember even at low wind there is a small window where you move your wrists up or down a cm. and you will see the LE curl and the power will lock in (holding it there is the trick)

The name Blast says it all Joe wasn't kidding when he named that kite, hopefully you get the video or DVD with it there are some good hints and tips on it.

Most Hardcore Rev Fliers do not like the speed series, personally once I got good at flying them it made flying a 1.5 seem like slow motion and actually helped me get the precision down easier.

Again Reg Rev's and the Speed Series are 2 different animals and must be flown that way.

Welcome to the Madness, One Step Beyond :blink:

Sounds like it's all good, to me! Woohoo!

So: 'Just go for the Blast and have done with it', is what you're saying, innit?

#11 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:48 AM

Show off! :P

Don't need to be, I am fluent in that language and I am not bad in some other languages.
What languages do you speak?

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#12 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:53 AM

Don't need to be, I am fluent in that language and I am not bad in some other languages.
What languages do you speak?

English and Bad. :)

#13 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 06:27 PM

Sounds like it's all good, to me! Woohoo!

So: 'Just go for the Blast and have done with it', is what you're saying, innit?

Why Yes, Defiantly :D I wonder if Scottish giggling has an accent?
Jim,

Posted Image

#14 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 02:38 AM

Why Yes, Defiantly :D I wonder if Scottish giggling has an accent?

What - you're saying it 'defiantly'? No need to be defiant, Jim - we're in agreement...!

(On the other hand, maybe you were saying it 'definitely'......) :lol:

Extremely pertinent question about giggle-accenting though. I'm not sure giggles do have accents - the way trained singing doesn't. Any cunning linguists in the forum who can shed some light?

Hmmm..... one to ponder (but not for long! LOL)

#15 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 06:43 AM

What - you're saying it 'defiantly'? No need to be defiant, Jim - we're in agreement...!

(On the other hand, maybe you were saying it 'definitely'......) :lol:

Extremely pertinent question about giggle-accenting though. I'm not sure giggles do have accents - the way trained singing doesn't. Any cunning linguists in the forum who can shed some light?

Hmmm..... one to ponder (but not for long! LOL)

Great The Scot has better spelling I'll never live this down lol.

And yes Definitely, ahh just noticed the spell checker changed it again (feels better).
Jim,

Posted Image

#16 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:45 AM

Now come on Jim, "The Scot" has a good excuse for better spelling.

We in the UK did invent the language after all. :o :P

#17 Harrier

Harrier

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:37 AM

"We in the UK did invent the language after all. "

Mmmm.....you sure about that Baloo?
That Faser sure keeps me amused, I bet he wears one of those Tartan bobble hats, I hope so. :P

#18 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 02:10 PM

Well we did.

With a lot of help from a lot of folks from lots of other countries of course.

#19 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 04:41 PM

That Faser sure keeps me amused, I bet he wears one of those Tartan bobble hats, I hope so. :P

OK now you've gone and put ideas into my head, this could be dangerous
Jim,

Posted Image

#20 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 07:16 PM