first flight review

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mad Mik

Mad Mik
  • Forum Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

Ok got my first rev (b series mid vent) on Wednesday and typically weather the worst we've had in weeks, itching to get out but to no avail, did spend some time putting it together in the house and watching the DVD and watching Youtube feeling sorry for myself. woke up early the next morning and looking out of the window, hurray the sun is shining, so with a spring in my step was out of the house and off to usual flying field only to find 'NO WIND' AAArrggghhh.

Again spent at least an hour setting up lines and putting everything together, still no wind, change the frame for practice, then, just i am about to pack up and go home it happens, just enough wind to get into the air and stay there, after all of the advice I've had from the forum i practice the basics again and again really slowly, take of, land, take off over and over. before you know it i am hovering, flying reverse, tight turns. after an hour i have to stop as i have cramp in my face from smiling so much, this kite is amazing. Posted Image

15 min later I'm at the beach where the wind is stronger, so change frame again and agin my face is going into spasms cos now I'm doing tip touches and drawing in a crowd.

flew again today for a couple of hours in really good winds trying to make it all look smoother especially side slides, but could really do with some more advice especially with flying up side down it all seems abnormal and line management, seems to take an age to sort out lines so not twisted if someone can point me in the direction would really be great.

i can't believe how much fun I'm having, to have so much control is amazing.

let you know how things progress.

Mik

#2 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

Congrats Mik, it's a hoot, eh? :)

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#3 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

Ok got my first rev (b series mid vent) on Wednesday and typically weather the worst we've had in weeks, itching to get out but to no avail, did spend some time putting it together in the house and watching the DVD and watching Youtube feeling sorry for myself. woke up early the next morning and looking out of the window, hurray the sun is shining, so with a spring in my step was out of the house and off to usual flying field only to find 'NO WIND' AAArrggghhh.

Again spent at least an hour setting up lines and putting everything together, still no wind, change the frame for practice, then, just i am about to pack up and go home it happens, just enough wind to get into the air and stay there, after all of the advice I've had from the forum i practice the basics again and again really slowly, take of, land, take off over and over. before you know it i am hovering, flying reverse, tight turns. after an hour i have to stop as i have cramp in my face from smiling so much, this kite is amazing. Posted Image

15 min later I'm at the beach where the wind is stronger, so change frame again and agin my face is going into spasms cos now I'm doing tip touches and drawing in a crowd.

flew again today for a couple of hours in really good winds trying to make it all look smoother especially side slides, but could really do with some more advice especially with flying up side down it all seems abnormal and line management, seems to take an age to sort out lines so not twisted if someone can point me in the direction would really be great.

i can't believe how much fun I'm having, to have so much control is amazing.

let you know how things progress.

Mik

Check out this tutorial for info about line management!! http://www.learnkite...ine-management/ Remember to do things exactly the same every time after you decide what works best for you!!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users