2 replies to this topic

#1 Albroswift

Albroswift

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

While in Mazatlan a young local, unhappy with the options of either a batman para sailer kite or a similar piece of crap and no kite store in Maz to speak of decided he had to have my old SLE after seeing my rudimentary (but artistic) performance with it! I took out the race frame, and not one who was ever accused of traveling lite, was lucky enough to have packed not one, but two sets of tomato stakes, one still in the package, extra handles, stake, etc. Started him, his pa, and another fellow that could help with the language barrier, what I consider to be the basics, the knot (Birds head?) one red mark, up, right, dos rojo down, etc... using my best Spanish (usually reserved for ordering beverages and dinner) and the other fellows best English we got through the connections, the careful unwinding of the line, the separating of the left and right, top and bottom, the set up of the kite, all new and wonderful stuff to all involved. The young man was quite patient, I'd guess around 10 or 12 years old, and lucky enough to have a good dad. had about an hour of practice, and then went through the careful routine of unhooking, separating, breaking down the kite, and winding the lines. Now I'm not claiming that the boy took it off and started doing loops, but he had several successful "Up a little, back down's" several cartwheel crashes into the sand, has two sets of a pretty durable frame, has access to the internet, knows of our website, and has enthusiastic dad. What else is needed to establish a REV Beach head in Mazatlan!
OK, and now the rest of the story, I need a new sail for my race frame! What's the best way for a man on a budget to come up with a quality 1.5 sail?
AL

#2 lamrith

lamrith

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

1st off. well done, that is a very cool thing to do..

I think I heard you can buy sail only from rev? Maybe contact Lolly/Ben?

I see you are local, worst case, if we are on a field together you are more than welcome to fly one of mine.Posted Image
Rev B full sail, Mid & Full Vent
Rev SLE
Rev Blast
Large Duffel bag full of frameless ripstop and lines

An ear to ear grin when the trees are moving

#3 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

Call me or e-mail me at the office. we can help you out with a replacement sail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users