#21 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:17 AM

And a few of the Speed series...

And don't forget a couple of the Power series...

Maybe a Masterpiece or two....

You forgot the b-pros, the b2's, different handle lengths for different conditions, different line sets (longer or shorter, stronger or lighter). Man, how do we ever get ripstop in the air with all of these decisions?

I was trying to keep it simple <grins>

Of course line sets and handles come in to the equation but as with the 1.5 sails you only need two sets the same and you can start flying together.

Felix

#22 johnogden

johnogden
  • Forum Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:41 AM

Ok Felix, I have done my first bit of research and I now know about Zen and The Robertshaw versions, but what are diamond spars, I have read about the Race ones, but not the diamond

#23 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

Diamond rods are just out! All the info is here in the forum so far! I see you've looked at both of the "bigger" models (Rev 1 sized), have you looked at anything smaller? The 1.5 size has had almost all the modifications thrown it's way and is probably the most used platform by Revheads! The bigger and smaller sizes are compliments to that size! Worth a look!!ani_idea.gif

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#24 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:21 AM

Ok Felix, I have done my first bit of research and I now know about Zen and The Robertshaw versions, but what are diamond spars, I have read about the Race ones, but not the diamond

Diamond rods are just out! All the info is here in the forum so far! I see you've looked at both of the "bigger" models (Rev 1 sized), have you looked at anything smaller? The 1.5 size has had almost all the modifications thrown it's way and is probably the most used platform by Revheads! The bigger and smaller sizes are compliments to that size! Worth a look!!ani_idea.gif

Ben at Revolution keeps on developing new spars <grins> and it is quite hard to keep up and fully appreciate the characteristics of each new rod.  The Diamond rods do seem to have considerable advantages over the race rods in light wind flying with the 1.5 sail.  I have not tried them in the smaller or larger sail sizes at this stage.

Felix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users