#21 lamrith

lamrith

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

@bart
Am I actually being wound up by THE bartman about sand?
My how far you've come :-P

@lamrith
What line lengths you got for your blast... Perhaps a little pairs flying needs to be done

@beach
I'll be sure to have my wishlist of all the things I want review to make and sell me ready for you ;-)

Pretty sure 85ft for the blast. Pair would not be a great idea, I have not had a chance to practice much and can't do pairs with a 1.5rev. Blast I would have you buried in the ground quickly. :-p

But I will see what I can do to get more time in during the next month before Wsikf!
Rev B full sail, Mid & Full Vent
Rev SLE
Rev Blast
Large Duffel bag full of frameless ripstop and lines

An ear to ear grin when the trees are moving

#22 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

So you got past it then I take it? Posted Image

Bart

#23 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Johhny B Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

So what do you do about all the sand touching your kites?

What the????

Who is this and what have you done with Bart? :kid_devlish:

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#24 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

I've learned to tolerate it. I do not like it. I would still like to see the whole area a nice green lawn.

Bart

#25 LS Kite Stakes

LS Kite Stakes

Make it Custom!

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

You need to go to Lincoln City or Rockaway Bart, Much better sand than the grey powdery stuff at LB......... The sand at LC even squeaks as you walk accross it..... :lol:
LS Custom Kite Accessories

Maker of the Original Marble Kite Stake
And Revolution Snagless Pro Handles
http://www.Kitestakes.com

Posted Image

#26 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:55 PM

@lamrith
Get comfy with the Blast and I'll bring one of mine out with me for some play time. The I love speed and the power is fine for me - I come from a power kite background.

@bart
Less jibba jabba and more action, get yer :censored: down there and get in the flying line with me :P
(assuming you're the REAL bart)

#27 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

Bart - the gauntlet is thrown down!! If Steven is coming all the way from South Africa, then you gotta come from Western Canada!! And this be his 2nd trip this year!!! No Excuses!!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#28 lamrith

lamrith

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:19 AM

@kwmf - I will see what I can do. I do fly the blast better (imho) than the 1.5. Just hold hovers cleaner it seems, still ned work on the inverteds. Motion we will have to see!! Posted Image
Rev SLE
Rev Blast

#29 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

@lamrith
Get comfy with the Blast and I'll bring one of mine out with me for some play time. The I love speed and the power is fine for me - I come from a power kite background.

@bart
Less jibba jabba and more action, get yer Posted Image down there and get in the flying line with me Posted Image
(assuming you're the REAL bart)

Bart - the gauntlet is thrown down!! If Steven is coming all the way from South Africa, then you gotta come from Western Canada!! And this be his 2nd trip this year!!! No Excuses!!

I don't respond to dares or challenges! I make no promises about attending. Lots to do here before then and August is coming up fast. Not sure where the year is going, but it's moving quick. Too quick.

Bart

#30 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Johhny B Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

@kwmf - I will see what I can do. I do fly the blast better (imho) than the 1.5. Just hold hovers cleaner it seems, still ned work on the inverteds. Motion we will have to see!! Posted Image

If I read it correctly you will be done with your garage project within three weeks, plenty of time...

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#31 lamrith

lamrith

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

Not sure about Garage project.?

It's more the lack of time with work, and lack of winds. I have had very little practice time in months, I think I had one full day since WCRC. Aside from that, just low wind shortlining last week for a couple hours..

I have a long way to go before I am ready to fly formation.
Rev SLE
Rev Blast

#32 katrina

katrina

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

Since my time will be limited I'm not going to be pacing myself so I may be delerious from the sun, wind, flying or exhaustion .... don't let that stop you - please come say hi, chat and fly with me ... no sympathy for me, I will rest once I'm home.
Steven

Now WHO exactly did you think was going to have sympathy for you, getting to spend 10 days flying at WSIKF? :lol: Sun doesn't set till 8:23 on August 17. Twilight gives another 20 min? Then finger lights...

You were there in March and it snowed. It won't snow in August (well, probably not), but just fair warning, pack layers. This ain't Cali.

JB, any official word on which field we get (relegated to) ?

Just pretend all my statements are prefaced with IIRC, AFAIK, IMHO, and end with "Just my $.02," okay?
(And stop asking for cookies, all you new darkside converts! It was all just a ruse to get you here!)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#33 goestoeleven

goestoeleven

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

So I'm very much wanting to do this again . . . I may have to talk to T about camping . . . It will be sans family this year if I can get out there . . . so more time flying . . . If Steven from SA can make it, then this Steve from the US doesn't have much of an excuse (except work is not cooperating for me right now . . . too much work, too little time).

I'll bring a Blast if I can make it . . . and I'm willing to try team with it just for fun. I think I broke out the Shockwave last year for a bit.

I'll bet revs will get the middle field again . . . (furthest from the porta potties and the parking). However, IIRC, last year we (mostly) occupied fields 2 & 4 as well.

ike_member.png and 180GO-100.png

#34 lamrith

lamrith

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

Ohhh man, should not have brought up the blast, what have I started? Pressure on now, I better start hitting the park more after work... Hopefully the wind will Cooperate!
Rev SLE
Rev Blast

#35 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Johhny B Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:17 PM

Not sure about Garage project.?

It's more the lack of time with work, and lack of winds. I have had very little practice time in months, I think I had one full day since WCRC. Aside from that, just low wind shortlining last week for a couple hours..

I have a long way to go before I am ready to fly formation.

Sorry, garage project was targeted at Bart.

For the hover I have two words, Martin Linford. He helped me at WSIKF two years ago. Taught me what nobody else could...

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#36 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:56 PM

Obviously I'm not JB.... :blink:
but I think Scott Davis told me it will be Field B when we were at LC. However, the map is still from 2011 and shows the Rev field just south of B
WSIKFmap2011a.gif

sent you an e-mail with an address for Kris. You must have gone thru a tunnel and I lost you!

#37 Jim Foster

Jim Foster

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:33 AM

I'm not JB either, but at the Team Boot Camp John said that Revs would be on field B this year. There are a few short events scheduled for that field, so we will need to stop for those times. Good opportunity for water, food and sun screen.
Fly together! Share the joy, Share the fun

#38 goestoeleven

goestoeleven

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

Ohhh man, should not have brought up the blast, what have I started? Pressure on now, I better start hitting the park more after work... Hopefully the wind will Cooperate!

Well, I'd put my chances of being there at about 40%, and then probably 95% of my time will be on 1.5s, so you are pretty safe . . . .

ike_member.png and 180GO-100.png

#39 LS Kite Stakes

LS Kite Stakes

Make it Custom!

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

I wonder if Larry realizes that he will be flying team by the end of the week? I am sure Alden and I can find our moment to surround him on both sides and show him the true ways of the dark side....... :big_starwars:
LS Custom Kite Accessories

Maker of the Original Marble Kite Stake
And Revolution Snagless Pro Handles
http://www.Kitestakes.com

Posted Image

#40 lamrith

lamrith

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

I wonder if Larry realizes that he will be flying team by the end of the week? I am sure Alden and I can find our moment to surround him on both sides and show him the true ways of the dark side....... :big_starwars:

Only be there that last few days (OOoopps should have kept that a secret). No worries Walt, JB and TK already did that at the last mini clinic!! I am interested in flying team, but have not put in enough handle time yet, crossing fingers to get some time in before then.
Rev SLE
Rev Blast

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users