4 replies to this topic

#1 SparkieRob

SparkieRob

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

After a solid 2 hours of flying my EXP in great 20-25kmh winds, with the odd gust of 30km+, I think it's time for a Vented Rev.

iPad or Rev?
Hmmm, about the JB Signature Series...

If the PRO Full Vent can have a 2 wrap LE then I assume that the JB Full Vent could do the same?

Or would a Race Frame better compliment the 3W and 4W that it comes with?

Has the Rev 2 been replaced with the B2? The Rev 2 is only in a stack on the Rev website but on the A Wind of Change website they say it now comes in the SLE sail pattern.

I'm more leaning to a JB Full Vent.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob.

"Inbetween heaven and earth, there are kites."

#2 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

All the frames are interchangeable in all the 1.5 sails!! Max variety!! A full vent "B" is a very good choice as a next kite, especially since you have a full sail type now!! But beware, getting a f/v "B" might spoil you and you might find you'll want to upgrade that EXP to a "B" full sail!! Then the feel will be consistent with both sails!!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#3 SparkieRob

SparkieRob

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

I figured get all the crash learning out on the EXP.

A full vent JB with 2, 3 & 4 wrap frames is going to cover a lot of wind ranges for me. And the vent as the park I usually fly can get a little gusty!
The next step I would love to do would be a Shockwave, a Blast or more JB's and make a stack.

#4 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

Go for the race frame. Seeing as you are down under add a spare rod to your order.
In fact if you are predicting rough conditions go for the green race frame. I know of only one person on this forum who has succeeded in breaking a green race rod while flying a REV.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#5 SparkieRob

SparkieRob

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:52 AM

Have put the JB PRO's on hold for now and have an SLE on order. This way I can teach, and learn, with my 7 year old daughter who is desperate to fly "daddy's dancing kite". I've also got a little foil dualie for my 4 year old boy as there is nothing to break and he's a little young for a Rev yet. He knows that when he is a bit bigger he can have a go of my kites, he prefers just to hold the handles while I fly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users