7 replies to this topic

#1 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

I recently wrote an article in Kitelife Magazine about adjusting a new Rev Indoor:
http://www.kitelife....ing-rev-indoor/

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#2 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

Right on man! Perfect timing, as summer approaches I will be looking to fly the Indoor. I will be trying this setup ASAP.

I now have a real understanding of how tight the bungees and the LE ties should be. I'm going to lengthen my top pigtails on the kite as well.

Thanks!!

Have Rev, Will Travel

My YouTube Channel - Thanks for watching smile.png

#3 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

Here's the vinyl end cap that Spence used:

http://www.thekitesh...-Caps-10mm.html

#4 Joe B

Joe B

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

Nice article and thanks for sharing, Watty! I especially liked the vinyl end caps idea. That sure beats checking to make sure my glued-on eraser nubs haven't fallen off or eroded away! I've gotta try that...

#5 katrina

katrina

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:37 PM

Ooooh, a very useful article, Watty! thank you. :)

Just pretend all my statements are prefaced with IIRC, AFAIK, IMHO, and end with "Just my $.02," okay?
(And stop asking for cookies, all you new darkside converts! It was all just a ruse to get you here!)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 cadguy

cadguy

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:27 AM

Nice article, did the mods last weekend. But one thing I'm curious about is are you using the indoor handles as is, with the top leaders as they come with the one knot at the end or did you change the top leaders since you added the longer pigtails to the kite? Thanks. Dayton David
"Dayton" David Kovacs

ike_member.png and 180or.png

PIGS aloft

#7 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

Watty did the indoor mods on my kite nearly 2 years ago and here's my take! When he added the leaders on the kite, he told me I could cut off all the handle leader after making a knot to attach the lines and do all my adjusting at the kite!! That felt irreversible to me and I chickened out!! I do use the farthest knot out on the existing leaders to attach the lines to, and move knots at the kite depending on room dynamics! Some claim it creates another snag point, depends on how active your indoor flying really is! I rarely find it to cause many problems with my style!

PS: you say your top leaders only have one knot? Mine has 4! It's all relevant, you have knots on the pigtails,so any leader you cut off at the handle end, you can adjust for at the kite end! 

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#8 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

Nice article, did the mods last weekend. But one thing I'm curious about is are you using the indoor handles as is, with the top leaders as they come with the one knot at the end or did you change the top leaders since you added the longer pigtails to the kite? Thanks. Dayton David

On my handles, I leave a short ~2" pigtail on both the top and bottom with only one knot. Because I have adjustable pigtails on the kite, there is no reason to have them on the handles, and they will do nothing but get hung up on stuff.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users