23 replies to this topic

#21 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

iQuad tested SkyBond, it's definitely slippery... But we found it to be too elastic for the snappy response we want out of our Revs.

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#22 Clin

Clin

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:01 AM

On the side topic of Skybond, we tried it against #90 Speed line for a day of team flying on each set, 120 ft. We have been using LP Gold all the while.

The #100 Skybond gives a weird vibrating feedback down the lines when the wind picks up. It's really weird though. No issues with the slipperiness or the elastic response that John mentioned. Perhaps we only had a relatively short time on it.

The Speed doesn't have as such a "solid" feel on the lines compared to Skybond or LPG. Feels a little "spongy".:innocent: The weirdest thing was that we felt a slight binding up during a 4-man compound benefit. This was never apparent on Skybond or LPG. For comparison, I've been using Speed for dual line for many yrs and binding was never much of an issue.

Hope to hear of more experience from anyone.

#23 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:33 AM

I'm no iQuad member, but even I can feel the bungee effect of Skybond 90# ... even when I tried it at 12' indoors. The only thing I've flown with more bungee was 50# LPG, but thats not a fair comparison :P

Skybond is super slippery (to the point where I can't tell if I'm wrapping or unwrapping) but I want that solid connection to my kite more than I want the extra wraps. In the Champions routine at WSIKF '12 I often flew the number 5 position where you enter the blender with 4 complete wraps (assuming you started unwrapped) and had no trouble with that on LPG lines. Position 5 finishes with 5 full wraps and I flew that with no trouble on LPG.

Skybond isn't a BAD line, just not my line of choice for my style of flying.

#24 stevepigeon

stevepigeon

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:48 AM

this is just for me i use a product called reel magic on all my lines i spray with this wait 5 minutes and i have put 38 wraps and still can control turns its great dries smooth nothing sticks to it it was made fpr power pro fishing line witch is made from laser pro talked to sales man and he says power pro is same as laser pro with2 less wraps in line like i said this is what i do turns old lines like new $4 a can and i used it on all lines
Steve & Sherri

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users