• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 foggydave

foggydave
  • Forum Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:12 AM

Hi
Is the SLE bridle the same as the B series Revs?

Dave
My web site http://www.foggydave.co.uk for my humorous stories, ebay sales, and other written bric a brac to hopefully amuse and brighten an otherwise dismal day.

#2 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:00 AM

YES, the overall size of the sail determines the bridle dimensions, not necessarily the framing members chosen for a particular day's activities. This past Sunday the wind was blowing pretty hard, we eventually all moved to flying full vents, mine happened to have the SLE tubes in it (it's B-series Pro). It wouldn't be my first choice, but it held-up beautifully in winds gusting to 30 mph. It fits mighty tight in the Leading edge sleeve of material and doesn't allow sufficient bending, but it fits if that is your only question.

#3 foggydave

foggydave
  • Forum Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:04 AM

YES, the overall size of the sail determines the bridle dimensions, not necessarily the framing members chosen for a particular day's activities. This past Sunday the wind was blowing pretty hard, we eventually all moved to flying full vents, mine happened to have the SLE tubes in it (it's B-series Pro). It wouldn't be my first choice, but it held-up beautifully in winds gusting to 30 mph. It fits mighty tight in the Leading edge sleeve of material and doesn't allow sufficient bending, but it fits if that is your only question.

My web site http://www.foggydave.co.uk for my humorous stories, ebay sales, and other written bric a brac to hopefully amuse and brighten an otherwise dismal day.

#4 foggydave

foggydave
  • Forum Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:13 AM

Thanks for the prompt reply REVflyer but I am not sure if that answers the question I asked as I couched it wrongly. What I meant to ask is, I have a Revolution 1.5 SLE kite. Is the bridle on a B series kite the same?

#5 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:45 AM

YES

#6 foggydave

foggydave
  • Forum Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:48 AM

Thanks, sorry for the confusion.

#7 B-13

B-13

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

Being far from the US and while parts usually take eternity to come and quite expensive due to shipping, first thing i always do when getting a new kite, it to take off the bridle and replacement parts. Measure them and take some note of the exact lengths, knots positions and pigtails on the bridle. I try to replicate them as 100% humanly possible :)
This really helps me get another one ready in case of failures and by the time new ones arrive. I can find good bridles lines here and it cost only few bucks to get me couples of them.

But regarding the bridle weight, i would like to know if this matters. I have bridle lines that i use on my duals and they are heavier (only 1.5 more) than the original revs bridle and wonder if this can affect something in the kite behavior.
Or i can still find same dacron strings but they are more flexible (still same strength) but not the rigid original one of Revs.

#8 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:29 AM

B-13, I think the bridle line would effect the handling if it were too stiff, but otherwise I think it would have to be crazy heavy to really effect the performance of the Rev.

Have Rev, Will Travel

My YouTube Channel - Thanks for watching smile.png

#9 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:38 AM

Well, we know that Rev makes replacement bridles of the SUL (light weight) variety for both the 1.5 and 1!! So weight can't be that much of an issue (except to reduce it!! But those are lighter, not heavier, so I would use something just as strong, but not much heavier in weight! My 1.5 SUL has a bridle made from 90# flying line, the Rev 1 SUL bridle is 150#, so flexibility shouldn't be an issue!! IMHO that is!! Posted Image

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users