#21 lamrith

lamrith

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

So one month update.

The Rev disease is festered and fully entrenched, I do not think there is a cure..Posted Image I am sooo highly contagious have now infected my youngest son!!Posted Image
I now own 4 Rev's with a 5th in transit as we speak!!! I blame all of YOU for this!!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
SLE
B full sail & mid
Rev Blast
Rapidly filling Revbag
B Full vent Spec Edition in transit.
Joking aside, Many thanks to all of you in the Rev community, such a great group of people! Very helpfull, and sharing bunch, great big bunch of enablers is what you all are!!!Posted Image
Rev B full sail, Mid & Full Vent
Rev SLE
Rev Blast
Large Duffel bag full of frameless ripstop and lines

An ear to ear grin when the trees are moving

#22 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

Some of the signs and symptoms of Rev-itis in case anyone needs to know.

Constantly looking at Trees, plants and grass.
Depressed when there is no wind.
Depressed when there is too much wind.
Depressed when there is perfect wind and are at work.
Strange bow tie shapes flashing in front of the eyes.
Repetative hand and wrist movements.
The need to form groups of similarly addictied types.
Offering help and advivice freely.

#23 Andy S.

Andy S.

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:30 AM

I'm a powerkiter hoping to get a straight answer about Blast kites, so far the silence has been deafening.....Any chance of some back to back comparisons with powerkites of various sizes?

All the best
Andy S.

#24 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:05 AM

I can't really do any side by sides but I do know that the Blast can and is in the right wind a beast that has
given me hours of joy long before I worked at Revolution on both long and short lines. The power and speed
have always been one of my favorite things to behold with a kite this size and I've also used it for a power
engine in a buggy on the dry lake bed......BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#25 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

Andy, What do you want to know? I have all the Rev's including the beastly 4-8 and use them regularly.

As for power, the name/numbers pretty much gives you a good idea to their power output. The 2-4 is a 2m flat sail that has the equivalent power of a 4meter foil. The 4-8 is a 4m flat sail that has the equivalent power of an 8 meter foil.

I can verify that these numbers are pretty accurate. The power blast kites pull awesome. The advantage of these kites is that you can dump the power out of them instantly so taking them out in higher or gustier winds is not nearly as crazy.

Down side to these kites is that they are very fast compared to foils. You have to work them more in the window to get the buggy up to speed before you can park and ride. If you try to park n ride right off the start, the kite will race to the edge of the window and you will have barely moved in the buggy. Once you figure them out they are awesome.

Another down side is that you actually have to fly these kites, meaning you need to have good control and know how to get the most power out of them by using the handles and all four lines together. With foils they are kind of "yank and hold on" type of power. The Rev's are more technical.

Let me know if you need any other information and I will gladly help you out.

#26 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

Each year there are more and more Rev's on the lake bed during NABX. This years event was awesome.

You can check out some of John Chilese's photos and see some of the Rev's - along with everything else.

https://picasaweb.go...X2012Wednesday#

#27 lamrith

lamrith

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

Thanks allot Kent!Posted Image I can feel my wallet draining again already!Posted Image

Maybe if I get the oldest interested (He only wanted to fly FB foil last time) I will need one (or both). Maybe the thought of Rev agility and pulling his arms off will be appealing to him.Posted Image
Rev B full sail, Mid & Full Vent
Rev SLE
Rev Blast
Large Duffel bag full of frameless ripstop and lines

An ear to ear grin when the trees are moving

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users