2 replies to this topic

#1 B-13

B-13

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

I would like to share my humble first video of my Rev flying here.

Thanking you here contributing in my learning curve..
I started flying quads last month and learned on the supersonic, two weeks ago i received my Rev 1.5 sle and started some precise flying. I know a better kite like a B series would have things even better for me but they are just mirage for me at their $ price..so i get try my best with what i have and give the best i can following your advice and tips here.

Saturday was a nice 8-10mph sunny afternoon and decided to practice that reverse hovers and some pseudo slides lol.
Things are really easier now and i only hover in reverse since i learn this..it is automatic and found it easier to hover in that position..need some more practice but i think i get my ticket for the Dark Side Posted Image

Working on some clock turn that i have some difficulties doing right now. Holding the kite in the same altitude and doing spins is hard for me.
it will just drop or rise depending on the rotation. i can keep stable altitude in vertical hovers bit it will drop about 1' upon a spin..i guess practice is the solution here and working out the hands for the upper wing.
Well i thank you for watching the video and any comments are most welcome..critiques are even most welcome as they help me get better.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnRTIGpHfns"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=dnRTIGpHfns[/url]

It was taken with a phone by my flight mate and sorry for the wind sound in the video Posted Image

Bryan

#2 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:53 AM

All looks very familiar to me. I had, and in some cases, still have some of the same problems you are describing.

I found with my spins that they would rise or fall as well. I discovered that cause was reversing my handle "pedalling". When the high wing should have been tipped towards me I was actually pushing it a bit away from me. This caused the kite to drop as it would spin. Other times it would climb, but the error was the same in both cases.

It just took a bit more thought as I pedalled the handles to get things going in the right direction to hold it in place.

And you are correct that it will eventually come to you. Once you get your controls sorted out and it stays in place more and more often you'll be doing it automatically and making tweaks without even realizing it. One day you'll just realize you've got it!

Bart

#3 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:13 AM

Excellent! I especially like the tip stands near the end Posted Image

Nothing to critique here, just keep practicing! You've got an amazing location to practice at Posted Image the beach looks amazing.....

Have Rev, Will Travel

My YouTube Channel - Thanks for watching smile.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users