• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rob

Rob
  • Forum Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:10 AM

Hi All,

After reading a few posts and topics, you will probably have a bit of a laugh at my introduction and first couple of Rev flights, so here goes.

I was given a Shockwave as a gift, but the kind soul in their haste to wrap it, inadvertently lost/threw away the DVD and Instruction book !!!!

So I have been mucking around and getting frustrated trying to fly this thing, so started to scour the forum for clues.

First thing I found was that I had the spars on the front of the kite in what I thought was exactly how the photo on Rev website showed ! so once I but the spars behind the sail, things started to improve !

My so called two line skills did not seem transfer to the Rev, and was still struggling to keep kite in the air and have any control. I then viewed a You Tube video "Revolution kite lesson by Joe Hadzecki - Porstmouth 2008" well this changed everything, His insistence on relaxing the grip on the handles made a huge change in the way I was thinking and controlling the kite.

Anyway I got home from work tonight, straight out to the nearest park and started my nightly up and down walk of shame ! I was having a little sucess but struggling to keep control. Then just I was about to pull the pin, or stake in this case, the gods smiled and sent a stronger and more constant wind , then the epihany I just relaxed, lightened my grip, mad smaller adjsutments and moves, what do you know the kite stayed in the air, even managed Vertical up and down control !!!

Needless to say flew until dark, and like a kid in a lolly shop had a big smile all the way home :)

I know it wasnt ideal, to be sans DVD and Instructions but I suppose it proves the point that once you get your head around the physics of the kite control, Revs are quite easy to fly !

All the best

Rob

#2 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:08 AM

Yo Rob, welcome to the forum! Posted Image

Sounds like you are off to a good start! The basics of flying a Rev are a little trickier than a dualie...... Since you don't have your instructional DVD, check out these links for some Rev instruction by some of the best of the best:
http://www.youtube.c...5A&feature=plcp

Also, check out kitelife.com, they have a subscriber section that will give you tutorials on the real juicy advanced tricks.

Good luck, and good winds!!

Have Rev, Will Travel

My YouTube Channel - Thanks for watching smile.png

#3 beach

beach

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:36 AM

Funny how the little things make my day anyway, welcome and keep on flying it's good for the soul
and the mind..... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Rob

Rob
  • Forum Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:57 AM

Yo Rob, welcome to the forum! Posted Image

Sounds like you are off to a good start! The basics of flying a Rev are a little trickier than a dualie...... Since you don't have your instructional DVD, check out these links for some Rev instruction by some of the best of the best:
http://www.youtube.c...5A&feature=plcp

Also, check out kitelife.com, they have a subscriber section that will give you tutorials on the real juicy advanced tricks.

Good luck, and good winds!!

Cheers, should have mentioned that watching these vids were also invaluable, even little things like the line maintanence were great !!

#5 Rob

Rob
  • Forum Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:03 AM

Funny how the little things make my day anyway, welcome and keep on flying it's good for the soul
and the mind..... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Thanks Ben, was a great buzz to get the kite in the air and have some control, as a dualie was blown away of the hovering and reverse flight etc :blue-grin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users