Photo

Rev clinic president's day weekend (OBX)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Khal

Khal

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

I hated to miss this one. Sounds like you guys had a great time, as expected. Hopefully you had access to the indoor facility during all the rain. :)
Brian

Posted Image Posted Image

#22 Cath Shook

Cath Shook

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:16 AM

I hated to miss this one. Sounds like you guys had a great time, as expected. Hopefully you had access to the indoor facility during all the rain. :)

We did have lots of indoor time. At least this year. It was a great group. Has to be small due to space constraints and only a few beds available.

Is this Brian?? Let me know the next time you're down here!

Cath

Cath
cath@flyingsmileskites.com
www.FlyingSmilesKites.com
252-453-8442

Come see us at Flying Smiles Kites when you're on the Outer Banks of NC!

Kites make me smile ... Revs make me grin!

"Be the change you want to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi

#23 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:11 AM

it's funny to see folks eyes light-up when they get the hang of indoor flight. A couple of our participants had to place orders right then and there,.. the best part? The orders were for Will Sturdy's indoor single lined kite (the one with that unpronounceable name). We flew fighters and quads, as well as carefully watching each person's activities trying to pick-up something unique to make all our own.

Thanks Cath, for arranging the clinic, housing, the indoor location, beverages/snacks and for having a building full of cool stuff we didn't even know we needed until we got there <LOL!>

#24 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:24 AM

REVflyer, maybe you are talking about Sturdy's Chiroptera...... It's currently my favorite glider. A few of the guys at the Las Vegas fun fly are sportin' the Chiroptera when there's not enough wind (for the dualie pilots anyways hehe).
It's named Chiroptera in honor of a bat (of the same name) that recently went extinct :(

Sounds like you all had an amazing time!

Have Rev, Will Travel

My YouTube Channel - Thanks for watching smile.png

#25 Khal

Khal

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:48 AM

We did have lots of indoor time. At least this year. It was a great group. Has to be small due to space constraints and only a few beds available.

Is this Brian?? Let me know the next time you're down here!

Cath

Hey Cath. This is Brian. Probably the Brian you're thinking of. :)

We haven't been down to the OBX since Thanksgiving, but I'll definitely let you know when we're coming. I wish I could have been there last week!
Brian

Posted Image Posted Image

#26 Cath Shook

Cath Shook

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:31 AM

It was a Great weekend! Love Kite Flyers! Any you all know it too - :kid_content: :kid_smartass: :kid_smartass:

And, yep, imagine my surprise at KTAI demo day this year when I looked across a N. Vegas soccer field and saw the Chiroptera ... that I had last seen in prototype and testing at last year's Prez Day clinic (the light wind one with winds gusting to 30, so it became a high wind clinic)!!

Eliot and I love the opportunities :kid_loved:

Cath
252-453-8442

#27 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

And, yep, imagine my surprise at KTAI demo day this year when I looked across a N. Vegas soccer field and saw the Chiroptera ... that I had last seen in prototype and testing at last year's Prez Day clinic (the light wind one with winds gusting to 30, so it became a high wind clinic)!!

Ah, shoot. I didn't realize you were at the KTAI demo Mrs. Shook, or I would have come over and introduced myself and said "Hello"! I met Ben and John B, because I've seen pictures of them I sought them out.
It was the perfect day to try out the Chiroptera, very little wind at the KTAI demos this year.
Very cool to hear you were there for the design, testing, and final release of this cool little glider!! I'm jealous!

Have Rev, Will Travel

#28 Cath Shook

Cath Shook

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:14 AM

Ah, shoot. I didn't realize you were at the KTAI demo Mrs. Shook, or I would have come over and introduced myself and said "Hello"! I met Ben and John B, because I've seen pictures of them I sought them out.
It was the perfect day to try out the Chiroptera, very little wind at the KTAI demos this year.
Very cool to hear you were there for the design, testing, and final release of this cool little glider!! I'm jealous!

You should know that usually there is very little wind at KTAI - though about ?3? days later you had Cat 1 winds!?!?!

See ya' next year! (and I go by Cath - thank you for the compliment, though!)

Cath
252-453-8442

#29 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:28 AM

Yeah, lol that's about accurate - No wind for the demos, 3 days after the demos the winds were 25 mph average...
You got it, Cath! See you next year!

Have Rev, Will Travel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users