• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 foggydave

foggydave
  • Forum Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:46 AM

Hi
On the Revolution Supersonic do the vertical spars fit on the front or rear of the sail? I have seen pictures with them on the front (bridle side) and the inner spar on the back and the outer spar on the front.

Thankyou.
My web site http://www.foggydave.co.uk for my humorous stories, ebay sales, and other written bric a brac to hopefully amuse and brighten an otherwise dismal day.

#2 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:04 PM

Should be both to the rear!!! Kent - a little help explaining? Pics?

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#3 foggydave

foggydave
  • Forum Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:12 PM

Thanks for that
The rear seems the most sensible. The reason I ask is that the Powerkitecentre web site seems to show them both on the front and I saw one today trying to be flown with one on the front and one on the rear.
My web site http://www.foggydave.co.uk for my humorous stories, ebay sales, and other written bric a brac to hopefully amuse and brighten an otherwise dismal day.

#4 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:03 PM

Thanks for that
The rear seems the most sensible. The reason I ask is that the Powerkitecentre web site seems to show them both on the front and I saw one today trying to be flown with one on the front and one on the rear.

Yes, the vertical rods go on the back of the kite, as with any other Revolution kite. I always giggle when I see images of the rods on the front.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#5 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:50 PM

Yuuuuup....every Rev kite has the spars on the BACK. With the Sonic and Shockwave, it is easier to get this wrong because putting the rods in the back means you need to roll the leading edge over which billows the sail in what appears to be the wrong direction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users