My first Rev

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pbw

pbw
  • Forum Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

Hello... I'm brand new to flying a Rev... excited and eager to learn though. I'm down here in South Padre Island for the winter... best place to learn outdoor Rev flying with all the winds down here. But I think I bought the wrong kite for this part of the world... I have an SUL which might be fine for home in Ontario but I have to wait for light winds here. So while I'm waiting I go and fly indoor single lines kites... Wala's, Wala XL, Laima, and a big ol' glider. I have started an indoor single line flying group back home and we meet once a week to fly at the community centre gym. But now I want to learn the Rev flying ... and maybe, just maybe, learn how to fly the Rev indoors.

#2 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:23 PM

Posted Image to the forum!

For Indoor Rev flying, check out this topic: http://www.revkites....oor-tutorials/. Good place to start!

EDIT - Sorry the above link doesn't link to what I thought it did Posted Image try this one instead -

Should be Indoor Rev tutorials Posted Image

Have Rev, Will Travel

My YouTube Channel - Thanks for watching smile.png

#3 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:36 AM

John B. has put several of his indoor tutorials on YT and other sites, but also if you subscribe to Kitelife Mag, you can also download them and there are several extra ones there! His tutorials walk the beginner from setup to all the basic moves you need!! Nicely described and really pretty simple as you learn! Thoroughly recommend them!! Posted Image

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#4 revdave

revdave
  • Forum Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

Hello... I'm brand new to flying a Rev... excited and eager to learn though. I'm down here in South Padre Island for the winter... best place to learn outdoor Rev flying with all the winds down here. But I think I bought the wrong kite for this part of the world... I have an SUL which might be fine for home in Ontario but I have to wait for light winds here. So while I'm waiting I go and fly indoor single lines kites... Wala's, Wala XL, Laima, and a big ol' glider. I have started an indoor single line flying group back home and we meet once a week to fly at the community centre gym. But now I want to learn the Rev flying ... and maybe, just maybe, learn how to fly the Rev indoors.

Hi this is Dave Hadzicki. May I suggest that you order maybe a Race frame for your kite. This will allow you to go out in just about any wind condition and fly. If you have any questions about structure call me at 858-679-5785.

Thanks for trying the Rev
Dave

#5 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:47 PM

Hi this is Dave Hadzicki. May I suggest that you order maybe a Race frame for your kite. This will allow you to go out in just about any wind condition and fly. If you have any questions about structure call me at 858-679-5785.

Thanks for trying the Rev
Dave

Welcome to the forum Dave.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#6 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:50 PM

Welcome to the forum Dave.

Hahahaha!!!!!!

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD