5 replies to this topic

#1 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:03 AM

In just about six months it will be time again for Windscape Kite Festival in Swift Current, Saskatchewan.

Dates this year are June 23 and 24 (the web site is still showing the 2011 event)

www.windscapekitefestival.ca

This two day festival is the largest in western Canada and is a major tourist attraction for the province.

Each year I like to see as many Rev flyers out for it as possible. Last year we had a local record of 14 in our own little mega-fly. I'd love to see even more this year! In addition to the greater number of kites in the air the mega-fly "routine" is also improving in terms of overall skill level making for a more impressive crowd pleaser.

All who read this are welcome to attend. Recognized skilled teams and individuals may want to go the extra step and email an application to be considered for one of the featured celebrity flyers. In 2011 the organizers flew in pilots from all parts of Canada and the USA plus Germany and France. If you're good (and you know who you are) this application can be a free, fully covered, festival for you! Just follow the link on the web site to get involved.

In the past the festival has hosted many of the big names in the Rev world: iQuad, 180 Go!, Island Quad, Rev Riders, Spencer "Watty" Watson and Amy and Connor Doran to name just a few.

Windscape is a very family friendly event. In addition to the kites there are children's activities throughout the day, face painting and shows. In the evening, after the kiddies are asleep, the main tent becomes the venue for the annual Long Days Night Music Festival.

The weekend wouldn't be complete without my annual BBQ for my friends. If you fly and Rev you can bet you'll get an invite and a ride over to my backyard for burgers, beer and great conversation.

So I hope you will attend either on your own or as part of the invited featured guests. Plan now to make it happen!

Bart

#2 Mike

Mike

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:51 AM

Windscape is a fun event with some really nice local Rev fliers. Y'all should go visit Bart at the fest.
Mike Kory:
Posted Image and Posted Image

#3 goestoeleven

goestoeleven

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:08 PM

Windscape is a fun event with some really nice local Rev fliers. Y'all should go visit Bart at the fest.

So . . . ya'll going to apply? :-)

ike_member.png and 180GO-100.png

#4 Mike

Mike

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:55 AM

They try to get new acts every year and since I've done it twice already (once leading an iQuad team and once with 180GO!) I don't think so. Unless they start 'round from the beginning again :)
Mike Kory:
Posted Image and Posted Image

#5 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:02 AM

I wouldn't let that stop you from trying Mike!

Bart

#6 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:49 AM

Moving this back to the top to ensure everyone sees it. I know a lot of you were at festivals this past weekend not shoveling snow like I was! You're the types that generally travel to these things so you need to know!

Bart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users