#21 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:34 PM

Hi

I hope I have posted this in the right place (forum mod - can you put me in the right place if I havent please?)

Im rather new to the whole world of kite flying in any form. I was introduced by a pal who let me fly his dual line stunt kite for a few hours whilst on a walking holiday. On my return home, google found me a local kite group who have been more than brilliant - I was almost immediately invited out to our local beach and taught to fly a dual line, but also saw the rev in action and have been hooked ever since! Now Ive finally aquired a few ( a vented and a sul I think - go gentle on me Ive def got "L" plates on still!) Im learning how to fly them, its a major buz when I get something right!

Ive been flying the rev for a whole six weeks now, and its taking over my life! I now go bed early on a friday so I can be up early for a full days flying sat and now sat night parties are on hold cos Im pooped from being on the beach all day!

Please excuse me, Ive been lurking on this forum for a while and absorbing all the advise and tips, so thought it was time I said hello!

Clare x x

(North West, UK)

Welcome to the Dark Side! Or better said, Welcome to the Real Fun Side!
You have in the UK a whole bunch of really swell REV fliers. You will surely have a great time.

Enjoy!
John

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#22 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 02:46 AM

Welcome to the Dark Side! Or better said, Welcome to the Real Fun Side!
You have in the UK a whole bunch of really swell REV fliers. You will surely have a great time.

Enjoy!
John

Which has prompted me, finally, to ask: Where are all the Scottish Rev flyers?? Indeed, are there ANY?? I'm lonely!!

#23 kiteweazle

kiteweazle
  • Forum Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 07:57 AM

Im lucky enough to have found some fellow rev pilots near me, who have been wonderful enough to teach me all I know and answer all my silly questions!

This does seen to be a very nice, friendly forum though, thanks again for the welcome and all the very friendly pm!

Im reading and learning!

Hi clare,
welcome in this friendly forum :) . Im also a newbie here, and in flying with 4 lines.
The friendly welcome in this forum is realy great. I was overwhelmed about the multitude of friendly answers to my first hello in this forum.
You`r very lucky to have some fellow rev pilot near you. I think Im a lonly rev kiter in the south west of germany :blue-confused: (- ambit of 30 miles ;) )
I wish you much fun with your quad line kites.

Greetings Karl-Heinz
Regards Karl-Heinz

... always have a nice wind ...

sorry, about my bad english - if you find some mistakes, you can keep hold them ....

#24 clare

clare

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 01:04 PM

Hi clare,
welcome in this friendly forum :) . Im also a newbie here, and in flying with 4 lines.
The friendly welcome in this forum is realy great. I was overwhelmed about the multitude of friendly answers to my first hello in this forum.
You`r very lucky to have some fellow rev pilot near you. I think Im a lonly rev kiter in the south west of germany :blue-confused: (- ambit of 30 miles ;) )
I wish you much fun with your quad line kites.

Greetings Karl-Heinz

Hi!

Much as other people to fly with is fun and a great learning experience - I still find flying my revs to be a very personal thing. One little thing upsets me or throws me even slightly off balance and I find the kite gets all jumpy. I love having people to watch and learn off, but I find I fly best when alone on the beach, just me and my kite - so dont depsair at being a lone flyer - its all good!

#25 nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 01:27 PM

wow, it seems to take me ages to past some days. welcome to the group of fun loving multiline mayhem, ready to rock people. I hope you enjoy your choice to join addiction.... pfft . . its too much fun. if your ever on the U.S. east coast give me a message I love to fly with other people. have fun out there!

#26 beach

beach

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 04:47 PM

This is Ben from Revolution and welcome to the Family........Ben :blue-cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users