• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cbabbman

cbabbman
  • Forum Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 05:32 AM

Any good rules of thumb?

I have 3 Revs... SLE, Blast, Shockwave...

I've been flying the Blast the most and I've noticed that it's gotten pretty noisy. I can see that the bottom center of the sail seems to be flapping pretty good. I've also noticed that the sail seems to be shifting to one side or the other on the leading edge... Sometimes by as much as an inch or more... This really tends to make it a pain to fly.

Do the sails tend to lossen up over time? I probably only have about  6 hours total on the blast.

I could really use some good information on how to keep my beloved Revs in good shape and easier to fly.

Thanks

#2 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 08:03 AM

I can't speak for the Blast and Speed series... But, my Rev 1's and 1.5's do need to be tensioned periodically.

Generally, I'll just tighten the bunjis located on the bottom points of my kite... Usually, this just means tying another knot in the bunji about 1/2" to 3/4" inside of the original knot, then cutting off the excess.

I like the sails to be tight, but there is definitely a "just right" point where it's taut, but not being stretched even more by the tension... Just pull the wrinkles out, basically.

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#3 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 05:38 PM

ive had my blast a while and like any rev after time ther sails will wear so tuning the bungi lines helps i got a new sail for my blast because my old one was so loose i couldnt do much with it i still have it it has all the spare parts it sounds to me like your sail just needs a little tuning
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users