• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 foggydave

foggydave
  • Forum Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:54 AM

Hi

I am making up a spares box to take on holidays etc just in case of loss or breakage.

What is the weight of the bridle line on the EXP and SLE ? I have been looking on the web at 90lb Polyester Bridle Line or 150lb Dyneema Bridle Line.
Also what weight is used for the handle pig tails as I want to put extended ones on to experiment with more adjustments? (It looks the same as bridle line)

What size are the bugee cords used to attatch the end caps? (Not sure with my tape measure whether its 3 or 4 mm) Also if I replace the bungee cord is the length critical ie the tension on the sail?

Lastly is there anything else I would need I have 3 sets of different wrap rods and a set of end caps.

Also at a recent meet someone mentioned lubricating the lines if flying on the beach as after time the salt etc tends to damage the lines does anyone do this and if so where abouts in the UK could I get some?

Thank you.
My web site http://www.foggydave.co.uk for my humorous stories, ebay sales, and other written bric a brac to hopefully amuse and brighten an otherwise dismal day.

#2 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

Rev sells replacement bridles through most kite shops! I think it's a good investment, that way you can't make a leg the wrong length! Most use either 90# or 150# bridle line for their leaders, just make both the same length and space the knots the same!! Theresa at The Kite Shoppe sells bulk replacement bungee cord, might ask her for dimensions!! Buy it in bulk and cut it to length! Length of bungee is critical to adjust for stretch in the sail!! Make it too tight, it will stretch faster, too loose and it flaps about!! Almost everybody has a "fix it" box, bag or something!!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#3 Scott_of_melnsct

Scott_of_melnsct

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

Rev sells replacement bridles through most kite shops! I think it's a good investment, that way you can't make a leg the wrong length! Most use either 90# or 150# bridle line for their leaders, just make both the same length and space the knots the same!! Theresa at The Kite Shoppe sells bulk replacement bungee cord, might ask her for dimensions!! Buy it in bulk and cut it to length! Length of bungee is critical to adjust for stretch in the sail!! Make it too tight, it will stretch faster, too loose and it flaps about!! Almost everybody has a "fix it" box, bag or something!!

maybe some kind of sail repair tape incase of a tear.

Wayne, I just noticed the new improved forum name. I think it reflects a good turn in attitude.
Scott A Koenig
Founding member: Tennessee Wind Militia
"We muster to fly at a moment's notice"

#4 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:31 PM

maybe some kind of sail repair tape incase of a tear.

Wayne, I just noticed the new improved forum name. I think it reflects a good turn in attitude.

A lot of folks recommended the change!! Old name reflected the past, new name reflects the future!!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#5 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:17 AM

locking forceps (for tying or untying knots),
Black nail polish, (to paint those same knots so they can't slip!)
a sharpie pen
a zip-lock bag (for your music)
colored Vinyl electrical tape (any 'cept black)
Crazy Glue (not a good permanent solution, but can get you back in the air until you get home for real repairs)
A sleeving needle and extra pieces of sleeving
Short hack-saw, or well equipped mutli-tool with a serrated blade

#6 TerryB

TerryB

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:03 AM

Also at a recent meet someone mentioned lubricating the lines if flying on the beach as after time the salt etc tends to damage the lines does anyone do this and if so where abouts in the UK could I get some?

Thank you.

With regard to the line lubrication. I used sewing aid silicone lubrication that I bought at my local Hobby store, I guess there are other places to get it but this is a large uk chain.
put it on when the lines were wound and let it soak.
What a change in the performance when you are running wiound up!
Also line storage and set up is quicker as they are slippery!
Hope you have fair winds
terry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users