#1 B-13

B-13

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:41 PM

Hi all REVers here,

Being new to the quad world, i sometimes cross some terms and some parts name without even knowing what it is. I have been flying dual lines later and now started with the Revs. Some basic and most parts are quite the same (LE, bunjies, etc) but for a newbie like me and for the others to come after, can someone please post detailed pictures of the kite and parts? I am perhaps missing some posts already covering this but had a looked this for days before posting here.

I like to know what parts does what job and takes no time understanding if things goes wrong during flight and if repairs necessary. Perhaps a parts listing or illustrated diagram and description. Besides the videos for setting up the kite (which is great btw) i do not have quad flyers nearby (perhaps no one but me here) so meeting up others is a mirage for now lol.
Found this diagram on kiteshoppe showing the parts (low-res image) but that's all.If anyone has another diagram with more explanation and can put watermark protection for copyrights it he wish.

Other concern is that many copiers might take advantage of this for illegal copies and knock offs constructions but i think this will not stop them and this will greatly help newbies understand more the kite itself before flying.

Thanking everyone for any help they can provide.

B

#2 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:06 AM

If someone is excited enough to assemble something, I'll include it in the new Rev site (coming soon). :)

It's very comprehensive, a list of the parts would be very useful for both fliers and kite store staff.

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#3 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:11 AM

If someone is excited enough to assemble something, I'll include it in the new Rev site (coming soon). :)

It's very comprehensive, a list of the parts would be very useful for both fliers and kite store staff.

Watty made this for my parts pages:

http://www.thekitesh...ion-Kite-Parts/

and on this page, if you hover on the diagram it zooms bigger.....

http://www.thekitesh...n-End-Caps.html

#4 B-13

B-13

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

Received my Supersonic yesterday and assembled it carefully and learning about the parts and different names. I do recognize some of them but Quad are very easy to assemble and less parts than duals. I will now measure all my bridle and save it somewhere. I always did this with my other kites and this is very handy if we broke and need complete bridle replacement. I know we can copy from one side of the kite but we never know :)
Thanks for the diagram as it does explain the max on it.

B

#5 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:21 AM

Another trick you can use is to mark all the knots with a sharpie!! That way if anything moves, you can bring it back into position!! Mark it fore and aft of the knots or mark the knots themselves, which ever you prefer!!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users