Painted portions on Ninja Eyes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 genesant

genesant
  • Forum Member
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:42 PM

I just received a "Hot" Ninja Eyes. Looking forward to taking it out for its first flight but a question popped up in my mind. I fly in the rain a lot and before I take it out in the rain I just wanted to ask those that have this kite if they have had any problems with the painted portion bleeding when wet. Better safe than sorry and if I had to only fly it on dry days it wouldn't kill me. Anyone?

#2 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:04 AM

I have several air-brushed/painted Bazzer masterpiece kites, two Old Glories, a Flame and a vented Eyes. All of 'em have seen the wet and made acquaintance with the pavement too. The only one that has issues is the vented eyes and I always assumed it was because the white doesn't "stick" as well as the black. The Eyes is a black kite with white paint, that paint is flecking off, whereas the others are pristine imaged except for their high overall mileage in general. I'd say fly it like you would any other kite!

#3 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:52 AM

I just received a "Hot" Ninja Eyes. Looking forward to taking it out for its first flight but a question popped up in my mind. I fly in the rain a lot and before I take it out in the rain I just wanted to ask those that have this kite if they have had any problems with the painted portion bleeding when wet. Better safe than sorry and if I had to only fly it on dry days it wouldn't kill me. Anyone?

The painted eyes are a Masterpiece and I fly mine only if the weather is nice and as such I try not to let mine get
wet not to say it has'nt gotten wet but I try. Sure I have some flacks but for the most part its still okay but I have

no real bleeding but mines the black gray combo.... If it gets wet lay it flat to dry before you roll it up tight and pack
it away..... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 genesant

genesant
  • Forum Member
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:25 AM

Thanks for the comments guys. I can't wait to see it in the sky. I've loved the eyes since I first saw them at Lincoln City 4 years ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users