24 replies to this topic

#21 B-13

B-13

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:58 PM

Lines are equal here. But i did modified the handles leaders by lengthening the top leader with a 7" and knots 3/4" apart..but here i don't know how much knots to put and from handle to last knot (taking from handles to end of the leader here) what distance is there.
But i am sure this is more flyer inexperience here :(

#22 B-13

B-13

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:34 AM

So today wind was fine for the Supersonic 12-15kmh. Nice constant sea breeze :)
Had almost 20mins sorting out the lines (#175) i received with the kite, walked from kite to stake more than 25 times to get them separated and untwisted lol. Just a bad line management from the start even if i followed JB tutorials (thanks BTW)
First day is CHAOTIC!!! LOL :D
Told myself i would not want to wait another flight session as i could miss that perfect wind condition. Concentrated and forgot all from dual line and controls
Launch...spins...crashhhh!!! Had another 10mins sorting out what lines and handles i was holding then tried again with more concentration.
Here i am now, handles only 10-12 cms apart in my hands, trying to get both perfectly equal and launch..fly up again, spins but managed this time to get it back LE pointing up :)
Applied some brakes to let it down straight and repeated this hundreds times until 100% forward and reverse back to the ground.

I GET IT NOW Posted Image
What a strange feeling i got when i get it back to the top of the window, stopped it there, then reverse it to the ground, few inches and back up again..
Practiced some vertical moves too but they are not as stable as in horizontal flight and still practicing hovering in vertical while pulling upper part toward the wind.
I changed from #175 to a #150 a made myself and the kite flew way better..perhaps less drag on the line and more responsive. Second time unwinding the lines was better and took me only minutes to start flying. but still need to manage them better
Here is a little video my flight mate recorded from the cellphone and this is dedicated to you all here who helped me with this little rocket :)

So thanks a lot everyone and i will post a better video when i get better at Rev flying...next year lol

Stepping into the Dark Side ;D

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_PRDZHTmxY&feature=youtu.be"]http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be[/url]

#23 goestoeleven

goestoeleven

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:43 PM

Congratulations!! You've got the key to the dark side - control. And unlearning all the dual line habits. That is an awesome video for only your second time flying a supersonic. When I got mine, I put it away for months until I had much more "regular" 1.5 time under my belt, because I kept pulling it into slides and right out of the sky. Bravo, keep up the good work.

ike_member.png and 180GO-100.png

#24 mbro

mbro

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

Nicely done B,that's the start, control up,control down. Next thing you know you'll be all over the window!!Posted Image
Michael
"But now, we are free. We are up; we are off..."

#25 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:27 AM

Ya, good outing for your 2nd time... Nice work, keep it up! :)

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users