• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 foggydave

foggydave
  • Forum Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:36 AM

Hi
I am a truck driver and retire next February. Hopefully I will have a lot of spare time. I bought my first Rev (EXP) 6 weeks ago. Well it was either a kite or a dog. The pro's of having a kite are that it does not leave crap around that you have to pick up and put in a plastic bag. Also kites do not leave hairs all around the house for the wife to moan about.
Because of my job and the recent bad weather conditions ie high winds or no wind at all I have only flown for about 10 - 15 hours but I am completely hooked. The only way I can explain it is it seems as though I am exploring another dimension with the kite. As they say 'Welcome to the dark side'.
I have now bought an SLE (Too good a bargain to miss) so am on the way to becoming a horder of Revolution kites, which seems to be a prerequisite of joining 'The dark side'.

My web site http://www.foggydave.co.uk for my humorous stories, ebay sales, and other written bric a brac to hopefully amuse and brighten an otherwise dismal day.

#2 goestoeleven

goestoeleven

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:04 AM

Hi
I am a truck driver and retire next February. Hopefully I will have a lot of spare time. I bought my first Rev (EXP) 6 weeks ago. Well it was either a kite or a dog. The pro's of having a kite are that it does not leave crap around that you have to pick up and put in a plastic bag. Also kites do not leave hairs all around the house for the wife to moan about.
Because of my job and the recent bad weather conditions ie high winds or no wind at all I have only flown for about 10 - 15 hours but I am completely hooked. The only way I can explain it is it seems as though I am exploring another dimension with the kite. As they say 'Welcome to the dark side'.
I have now bought an SLE (Too good a bargain to miss) so am on the way to becoming a horder of Revolution kites, which seems to be a prerequisite of joining 'The dark side'.

Foggydave - as you put it - welcome to the dark side!

ike_member.png and 180GO-100.png

#3 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:36 AM

Posted Image foggydave!

Have Rev, Will Travel

My YouTube Channel - Thanks for watching smile.png

#4 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:50 AM

Welcome to the "darkside" my friend..... Ben Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
we have milk and cookies

#5 mbro

mbro

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:51 AM

Hi Foggy and "WELCOME"Posted Image
Michael
"But now, we are free. We are up; we are off..."

#6 tommylurvebus

tommylurvebus

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:54 PM

Dont worry Foggy mate you will be getting plenty of attention from DOGS in the future, most of which may be unsolicited. Gets to be good fun as your skills progress to keep you just out of range of those sharp canine teeth.

All the best. tommy.
tommy harrison

#7 oyepitsme

oyepitsme

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:36 PM

Hiya Foggydave...great way of putting it...i sarted sept 5 of this year so....I know how ya feel ;) Welcome.
Rain or Shine ~ Day or Night

Wind or Not ~ I'll be in Flight

#8 foggydave

foggydave
  • Forum Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:03 AM

Hi
Thankyou for the warm welcome.

I realised I was on 'The dark side' when -

a) When I wake up in the morning I opened the curtains and used to looked out over the fields and valley we live in. Now my eyes go straight to the tops of the trees at the bottom of the garden to guage the wind speed. My mind ticking over what excuses I can find to get out of shopping and go flying.

b)This is the more worrying. I work nights and when I get home at 3-4am I usually go for a 4 mile walk around the village. The wind at this time is a normally a clean 4-10 mph no gusts just a sweet breeze. I now find I am getting an increasing urge to get the kite out and do some flying on the village green. The street lighting is good enough. I feel though I must fight this urge, but for how long before they take me away to the 'funny farm'.
My web site http://www.foggydave.co.uk for my humorous stories, ebay sales, and other written bric a brac to hopefully amuse and brighten an otherwise dismal day.

#9 goestoeleven

goestoeleven

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:06 AM

Hi
Thankyou for the warm welcome.

I realised I was on 'The dark side' when -

a) When I wake up in the morning I opened the curtains and used to looked out over the fields and valley we live in. Now my eyes go straight to the tops of the trees at the bottom of the garden to guage the wind speed. My mind ticking over what excuses I can find to get out of shopping and go flying.

b)This is the more worrying. I work nights and when I get home at 3-4am I usually go for a 4 mile walk around the village. The wind at this time is a normally a clean 4-10 mph no gusts just a sweet breeze. I now find I am getting an increasing urge to get the kite out and do some flying on the village green. The street lighting is good enough. I feel though I must fight this urge, but for how long before they take me away to the 'funny farm'.

Watch out for the dark side effect from item b. I've gained at least five kilos since I took up Rev flying since I now fly kites when I used to run . . . . don't give up your walks. Well, I can't really blame rev flying . . . but it is more fun than running.

ike_member.png and 180GO-100.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users