42 replies to this topic

#1 oyepitsme

oyepitsme

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:12 PM

Im very new to Rev flying but Im hooked so bad its unbelievable to me...this sport has just consumed me something fierce.

Rain or Shine, Day or Night

Wind or Not, I'll be in Flight

Doesn't matter if it's Hot or Cold

I Wanna FLY till I grow too Old

This pretty much descibes Me since learning about Revolution Kites. Are there anymore ME's out there? Posted Image

Rain or Shine ~ Day or Night

Wind or Not ~ I'll be in Flight

#2 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:22 PM

Sounds like most of the Rev world!!! Posted Image My only difference is that when it's cold or wet, I go indoors to fly!!! Posted Image

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#3 oyepitsme

oyepitsme

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:50 PM

Sounds like most of the Rev world!!! Posted Image My only difference is that when it's cold or wet, I go indoors to fly!!! Posted Image

I havent tried that yet however i Do fly under the stage thats to the left in my pitbull footage :) often high winds under there. especilly when wind is blowing towards the water.

#4 oyepitsme

oyepitsme

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:57 PM

BTW...when I say everyday...its literal. i literally have a kite In The Air well over 40 hours a week. not counting staked down time.

#5 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:09 PM

No, I'm talking true indoor flying!! I've got an Indoor Rev, 2 single line gliders, and I'll be trying a dualie indoor after Xmas!! If you're a subscriber to Kitelife, John B. has 9 different tutorials for indoor flying!! Covers everything from setup to how to fly!! Goes over some of the equipment, different approaches by different people, and some of the basic flying skills you need to fly indoors!! Those tutorials really walked me through the beginning and got me much farther than trying to learn on my own!! Nice thing is that a lot of what you can learn indoors, translates into your outdoor flying too! And it's a lot of fun!!! Don't need to be athletic, (doesn't hurt) to do it!! Just learning how to use your ability to make energy, efficient!! Heck, I've had a stroke, 2 heart attacks and both hips replaced!! If I can do it, who can't??

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#6 Jynx

Jynx

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Location:West Allis (Milwaukee) WI ...and... New Smyrna Beach FL winters

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:35 PM

Also obsessed...

The dark-side addiction,
affliction, and conviction,
is void of restriction.

My only prediction...
it's actually fiction.

Posted Image If someone can determine why it consumes us so... Please, please, let me know!

"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power,

then there will be peace"

Jimi Hendrix

Posted Image

#7 oyepitsme

oyepitsme

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:37 PM

No, I'm talking true indoor flying!! I've got an Indoor Rev, 2 single line gliders, and I'll be trying a dualie indoor after Xmas!! If you're a subscriber to Kitelife, John B. has 9 different tutorials for indoor flying!! Covers everything from setup to how to fly!! Goes over some of the equipment, different approaches by different people, and some of the basic flying skills you need to fly indoors!! Those tutorials really walked me through the beginning and got me much farther than trying to learn on my own!! Nice thing is that a lot of what you can learn indoors, translates into your outdoor flying too! And it's a lot of fun!!! Don't need to be athletic, (doesn't hurt) to do it!! Just learning how to use your ability to make energy, efficient!! Heck, I've had a stroke, 2 heart attacks and both hips replaced!! If I can do it, who can't??

i want to try it sometime but i dont think the shockwave or supersonic are good indoor kites...but i fly both in 0 mph wind at times. but it is way to much work and i smoke Way tto much. 0 mph wind days are my short flying days...short for me is 2-3 hrs. i know i could do it though (indoor)...i just know it before i even try.:sign_kitelife: now ima have to go find a place...just wish i had a more appropriate kite.:blue-confused:

#8 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:52 PM

The Indoor Rev is your ticket!! For a break go with the gliders!! Gotta quit that smoking, more endurance you know!! Look for places with higher ceilings, I fly in an indoor soccer field, some use a basketball court!! Or a Rec center!! If you get an Indoor, it'll force you into finding a place to use it!!! Then your flying isn't limited by wind or weather!! Posted Image

wayne from portland

AKA member

#9 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:53 PM

Also obsessed...

The dark-side addiction,
affliction, and conviction,
is void of restriction.

My only prediction...
it's actually fiction.

Posted Image If someone can determine why it consumes us so... Please, please, let me know!

Girl - That is funny!!!Posted Image

wayne from portland

AKA member

#10 oyepitsme

oyepitsme

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:57 PM

The Indoor Rev is your ticket!! For a break go with the gliders!! Gotta quit that smoking, more endurance you know!! Look for places with higher ceilings, I fly in an indoor soccer field, some use a basketball court!! Or a Rec center!! If you get an Indoor, it'll force you into finding a place to use it!!! Then your flying isn't limited by wind or weather!! Posted Image

#11 oyepitsme

oyepitsme

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:00 PM

Limited??? I don't let that happen. As I stand here typing....I'm in my front yard flying 29' on supersonic. But ty for advice...I agree ... I'm sure it would be a lot less work. :)

#12 oyepitsme

oyepitsme

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:15 PM

Hey Stroke Survivor I just made a short little video of what I'm doing at 12:15 Am after a day at the beach already. I'm gonna put it on youtube just for you... Just so you know I'm being honest about what I say :lol: I truly DO have it bad!

#13 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:48 PM

I'll go check it out!! Posted Image

wayne from portland

AKA member

#14 oyepitsme

oyepitsme

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:12 PM

I'll go check it out!! Posted Image

its nothing i dont fly in it im just showing you that i really was...was gonna toss it and fly for a fewbut i had just walked with my kite and lines in hand so i had grass tangled in lines :kid_cussing:I just dont want ya to think im full of you know what.;)

#15 goestoeleven

goestoeleven

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:37 PM

Well, I don't fly every day, but I think about it pretty much every day. Over the summer there were a few weeks when I was able to get in some flight time every day for a week or so at a time (after work, etc.). But lately the days are too short to get outside. I have been thinking about an indoor though . . . .

ike_member.png and 180GO-100.png

#16 oyepitsme

oyepitsme

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:35 AM

im thinking i put TOO much time into this...im begining to feel sleep deprived:blue-sleepy: i leave work and go straight to the field, if im off i wake up and go staight to the field. thats where i spend the rest of my day and very often part of the night. then i come home and spend the rest of my awake time on this computer with my (and yalls) videos. i dont think a minute has gone by since 9/5 that i havent been flying my Rev. Either in the field (wherever i set-up) or in my head... countless and countless hours. Too Much?

#17 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:21 AM

I don't think the phrase "too much" applies to Rev flying Posted Image

I fly everyday possible myself; I've missed a few days since March, when I got my first Rev, mostly due to crazy high winds.

I've replaced the walking/running in my fitness routine with Rev flying, and I even skip work on some Fridays to make it out to the fun-fly! It's definitely an illness at this point......

I gotta fever!! And the only prescription, is more Rev flying!!!!

Have Rev, Will Travel

My YouTube Channel - Thanks for watching smile.png

#18 Madquad

Madquad

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:23 AM

For me it is not an addiction or disease

It's just a way of life !!

It's not the size of your Rev.. its how you use it.
Seven days without flying a Rev makes one weak.

http://www.air-4-ce.nl

batch-air4ce.jpg?w=230&h=230

#19 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:14 PM

Here, here!!! For me, it is a form of physical and mental therapy!!! It's one thing I've been able to reconnect with since my stroke!! Gives me a feeling of accomplishment and control, after having to give up so much of what was my identity!! Oyepitsme - I'm in goestoeleven's camp, I may not fly everyday, but thinking of it all the time!! Posted Image

wayne from portland

AKA member

#20 oyepitsme

oyepitsme

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:21 PM

I agree with ya both....I feel better, more energetic, and don't smoke as much as I did before Revs entered my life. However my fiance is not that into it so that means a lot of time away from her... starting to feel like I might be neglecting her... guess that why I say...too much. But I just can't help myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users